Bono's sleeping habits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not that this means this story must be true, but this is supposedly from the last tour.

Bono, like the rest of us sorry sods, is not immune to the passage of time and its effects on ones body and habits.

Which is to say, don't go trotting out trivia from '80s and '90s as proof.

It's funny but I don't think it's true. We would have heard the story by now. Just imagine the amount of work it would mean to get a bed (which I'm sure is not exactly a small one) into different hotel rooms and out again all the time.

Besides, I think Bono likes to sleep on the floor.

I find it more likely that the band would fly into the airport for each show, then fly out the same night. :up:

This is exactly what they were doing. During the European tour they would fly back to the South of France after every concert and sleep in own beds there. So the travelling bed story is bullshit :)

It's not unthinkable because of expense or trouble, though. The Dixie Chicks brought an entire living room on tour so that they could nurse their babies on their own couch, and their budget must be a weeny fraction of U2's. I'm sure that if Bono wanted his own bed every night he would get it. He may even have brought it along just on the off chance that he made it all the way back to his own room!

(which I'm sure is not exactly a small one)

Maybe. But remember that teeny tiny bed Edge woke up in, in ADITLOTE? It was like a servant's bed or something! :lol:

But maybe is a special bed since he has his back problems.

Edit 2: I just remembered that Bono's story when he woke up on a house in Berlin (naked) and then he discovered that the house wasn't empty as everyone thought....

I also want to play Finding Bono, but if I find him, then he'll be missing forever. hehe. :love:

That's the beginning of U2 at the end of the world, he had the house of some German WW2 politician IIRC for the recording of AB... he walked down the stairs with just a t-shirt on to find the family whose house it used to be before the German politician had taken it from them. :lol: Why on earth he grabbed a t-shirt instead of pants is a mystery to me though.

It's not unthinkable because of expense or trouble, though. The Dixie Chicks brought an entire living room on tour so that they could nurse their babies on their own couch, and their budget must be a weeny fraction of U2's. I'm sure that if Bono wanted his own bed every night he would get it. He may even have brought it along just on the off chance that he made it all the way back to his own room!

Maybe. But remember that teeny tiny bed Edge woke up in, in ADITLOTE? It was like a servant's bed or something! :lol:

Yeah.

'Acause that's where he slept all night. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom