Bonos handwriting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
So in Q magazine theres a small segment about what John Lennon means to Bono and he wrote it in his handwriting. Its practically illegible, is it really that bad???

So in Q magazine theres a small segment about what John Lennon means to Bono and he wrote it in his handwriting. Its practically illegible, is it really that bad???

Well I think you answered your own question! But I can still usually read his writing.

Well I meant other instances really, I know he likes to doodle his signature, is it possible to know who has the best handwriting in the band?

Edge

Hiszpania30108-90908674Fez.jpg

Larry

Hiszpania30108-90908676Fez.jpg

Adam

Hiszpania30108-90908675Fez.jpg

Bono

Hiszpania30108-90908672Fez.jpg

He's got a alcoholic'handwriting. That's typical. My godfather, a doctor who were alcoholic, wrote me letters like that.

Right, because being an alcoholic totally changes your handwriting. :eyebrow:

They all have shitty handwriting. At least it gives us a challenge to decipher it. :wink:

Wow , I better start drinking a whole lot of booze right now,
My handwriting looks terrible when I´m sober.

Right, because being an alcoholic totally changes your handwriting. :eyebrow:

They all have shitty handwriting. At least it gives us a challenge to decipher it. :wink:

yeah... it's a kind of "nervous" handwriting, with big letters and scrawls... he writes well, his handwriting is not ugly, it's the style of it which is intriguing.
i don't mind if you don't believe me but that's what i think from my experience! sorry...

It's not really a matter of believing here.. you're linking two completely separate things(handwriting and alcoholism) together and claim there's a direct connection between them. I have never heard of it so I'd like to hear some proof on it.
As far as I know handwriting has 100% nothing to do with alcoholism or not. it's something you develop as a child and some people have neat writing, some don't. It's never exactly been researched how handwriting is determined, but it's got nothing to do with alcoholism or whatever drug abuse.

It's not really a matter of believing here.. you're linking two completely separate things(handwriting and alcoholism) together and claim there's a direct connection between them. I have never heard of it so I'd like to hear some proof on it.
As far as I know handwriting has 100% nothing to do with alcoholism or not. it's something you develop as a child and some people have neat writing, some don't. It's never exactly been researched how handwriting is determined, but it's got nothing to do with alcoholism or whatever drug abuse.

well i don't have proof except my Godfather himself who apologized for his alcoholic handwriting in the letters he wrote to me at the time... I can tell you it were very very similar to Bono's.
i think there's still a connection between our psychic state of mind and the handwriting which is resulting.

I'd say it's just a lucky coincidence... :shrug: Most people I know including myself have terrible handwriting. Are we all alcoholists? Even my friend who has never in his life touched a drop of alcohol?

I'd say it's just a lucky coincidence... :shrug: Most people I know including myself have terrible handwriting. Are we all alcoholists? Even my friend who has never in his life touched a drop of alcohol?

i'm not saying bono's handwriting is terrible or ugly, i'm talking about the STYLE of it... nevermind...
i got a bad handwriting too but it's more because i use keyboard since 1999 than drinking too much.

Uhm, alcoholism changing handwriting is actually well documented.

handwriting alcoholism - Google zoeken

(Elsevier Science is not to be confused with the Dutch magazine of the same name.)

However, I have no idea of how it influences writing, or what alcoholic handwriting looks like.

Ok, I stand corrected. Thanks for those links.. that first paper is quite interesting.
Withdrawal is a state of tension resulting in handwriting characterized by
irregularity, ataxia and tremor.

Handwriting is somehow determined by the method the child follows when learning, there are two main methods, one in which you start drawing dots and then the child links them to form letters, this method provides more regularity in the form and size of them, and there's another one in which you learn each letter by imitation like pictograms, this is faster, but usually the person develops a more varying size, sometimes they even mix uppercase and lowercase.

After years of teaching carreer and of correcting handwritten exercises I don't find Bono's handwriting or those from the other members of the band so extraordinary or difficult to read, they are average, when something has been written as a quick note their style is more casual as it is mine when I leave a note at home, very different from when I write something on the blackboard, but that's the same with everyone I suppose.

I don't know if it is the same where you live, but in my country suggesting that someone is an alcoholic without any proof is a very bad insult and I'm feeling really uncomfortable with some of the statements I've read in this thread.

I think Bono's handwriting reflects his personality...kind of spazzy and all over the place, unusual. Coincidental I'm sure.

Also, men tend to have crappy handwriting I think :giggle:

Uhm, alcoholism changing handwriting is actually well documented.

handwriting alcoholism - Google zoeken

(Elsevier Science is not to be confused with the Dutch magazine of the same name.)

However, I have no idea of how it influences writing, or what alcoholic handwriting looks like.

If you read the abstract carefully you'll see that it is not about handwriting and alcoholism, but about handwriting changes under the effect of alcohol, which is quite different, you are under the effect of alcohol whenever you drink an alcoholic drink, you are an alcoholic when you develop a dependence on alcohol, and it also adds that these effects are present at any level of alcohol, but it doesn't imply the effect to be permanent.

Back
Top Bottom