Bono's Hair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just died my hair fire engine red. When people see me in a hurry they generally yield for me like the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood.

You might question my decision to go fire engine red. I might question your decision to read this post.

The whole world is a mystery. The universe, the ultimate birther. If you go where she does you will never be the same. If you stay here the beautiful baby waves goodbye and the soul watches an aging world around it recycling constantly.

The new birds circle above while the old ones tidy up the nest. Occasionally a feather floats away in the wind. Catch it while it is fresh - its colors and fragrance will only shine for so long.

Please Bono, you are aging and it's not a bad thing. Look at The Boss. Leave your hair alone and do sports if you want to stay young.

This is the first pic I've seen of it I haven't liked, I must say. I liked how it looked in the NYT feature.

I don't like how the sides are brighter yellow than the top.

Whatevs, it's all good as long as he doesn't grow it long again.

This was one of the first pics I saw with it, and I dig it here, so it's this impression that sticks with me. We'll see how many more :yikes: pictures I see of it before that initial impression is wiped out.

bono_zpsdgpob0a0.jpg

I'm too damn lazy to even search down a good image to hotlink (so flame me) but there was a b&w series where he had it all spiked up rock star style, and I thought it was badass. I'm calling this his PopHair moment. Take all the things people believe to be true about you (washed up star afraid of aging), caricaturize them and push the whoooole thing so damn far people can't tell if you're joking or not. It has balls.

I like it, but he should've gone all the way. It's too yellow. It should be platinum. I had my hair bleached platinum blonde for about 15 years. I stopped doing it about 5 years ago, not because I was 45, but because I just got tired of doing it.

For those who argue they should just age gracefully like Springsteen...hell no. U2 comes from punk rock. You should've seen what the crowds looked like in the early 80s. Sure, they've broadened, softened, expanded, aged, but to me they're still a post-punk rock guitar band from the north side of Dublin.

I like it, but he should've gone all the way. It's too yellow. It should be platinum. I had my hair bleached platinum blonde for about 15 years. I stopped doing it about 5 years ago, not because I was 45, but because I just got tired of doing it.

For those who argue they should just age gracefully like Springsteen...hell no. U2 comes from punk rock. You should've seen what the crowds looked like in the early 80s. Sure, they've broadened, softened, expanded, aged, but to me they're still a post-punk rock guitar band from the north side of Dublin.

I went bleach blonde back in 2007 (natural brunette. :shh: ) and kept it up until maybe a few years ago. Alternating between ash blonde and strawberry blonde now, but toying with the idea of bleaching again if I can get my tan to cooperate. (I was living in FL for most of the blonde years...now back to my native Ohio.) It's not an age thing, it's a what looks good thing.

Bono looks too...forced. It would look better if he wasnt dealing with a receding hairline, stealing Adam's hair gel & hair height ideas, and looking pale as heck from a winter in Ireland while also recovering from major surgery AGAIN. I am hoping that on stage, under the lights and in stage makeup/powder/etc, it looks better. I also think he'll look better overall as he continues to make his full recovery. He's been through hell and it shows. No shame whatsoever in that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

But why choose a hairstyle that highlights that receding hairline? I know that many really like his short locks, by I am not a fan. Longer hair softens his features and I like the way it looks on him. This Frankie Valli pompadour is just silly. Or better yet, The Fonz.

Sent from my Z970 using U2 Interference mobile app

I just died my hair fire engine red. When people see me in a hurry they generally yield for me like the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood.

You might question my decision to go fire engine red. I might question your decision to read this post.

The whole world is a mystery. The universe, the ultimate birther. If you go where she does you will never be the same. If you stay here the beautiful baby waves goodbye and the soul watches an aging world around it recycling constantly.

The new birds circle above while the old ones tidy up the nest. Occasionally a feather floats away in the wind. Catch it while it is fresh - its colors and fragrance will only shine for so long.

Mrs. Garrison, you have the soul of a poet! :love:

As for Bono's hair, Adam did it first, only lighter!

Hair is definitely too light! Cut is good, suits him, but hair needs to be darker. This will take some getting used to. Lighter brown suits him the best. Natural black was good while it was natural - as soon as he started dyeing it black it looked horrible. Oh well...if he can rock it, he can do whatever he wants to.

It's not punk anymore to bleach your hair.

Hair is definitely too light! Cut is good, suits him, but hair needs to be darker. This will take some getting used to. Lighter brown suits him the best. Natural black was good while it was natural - as soon as he started dyeing it black it looked horrible. Oh well...if he can rock it, he can do whatever he wants to.

It never was natural! Bono has light brown gingery hair, a lot like his younger son. He's been dying it various shades of brown since he was a teenager. (But I agree that mid-dark brown suits him really well.)

Back
Top Bottom