Bono's bracelet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2_Jackie

Refugee
I didn't know where to post this question but I figured you all in the PLEBA thread would know about this! :) lol
-Does anyone know where Bono got his white bracelet from??(just curious)the one in the picture below:
thebracelet.jpg

My guess is Africa, or maybe made by an artist there. I think he wears it as a variation of the white ONE campaign band, since he's done that before in the past.
I'm only guessing though! I don't know.

oh thats what i thought, it looked like it came from africa. Thanks for you input guys! :D

I know me three:love:, looks like I'll have to go to Africa to get it!! lol

:hmm: you could always make one............

Not that Im, gonna add that to my list of crazy U2 related projects or anything....

:shifty:

Merely a suggestion :wink:

Just to Let You Know....

Same here...I love these bracelets from ONE Campaign:cute::heart:

I seldom post here anymore but I must answer this statement - this bracelet is NOT from ONE. If I remember correctly, Bono received the bracelet from an org in Kenya when he visited there.

If people are interested in African bracelets like this or other items of African origin made by some of the people who have become Bono's friends in Africa, then I encourage you to check out the website & other social media that I co-ordinate with Bono's longtime friend in Uganda, Agnes Nyamayarwo, who is the original African spokesperson for DATA & ONE. :applaud:

Agnes & the collective of nearly seventy HIV+ women that she works with in Uganda were some of the first people that Bono met on his trip to Africa in May 2002. The women of the Mulago Positive Women's Network (MPWN) were members of the Mulago Dance & Drama troupe who Bono befriended & paid for their ARV's for two years before the ONE Campaign could pick up the funding of their ARV's so that these courageous people could continue their HIV/AIDS prevention efforts.

During the North American leg of the 360 tour, Bono gave Agnes "shout outs" from the stage twice before "One" for her continued HIV/AIDS activism. These shows were in Raleigh & Dallas.

We actually get the chance to meet with the B-man about once a year to brief him on Agnes' activities & to reconnect Agnes with her dear but very busy friend. :hug:

We have just received a new shipment of handmade African craft items from the women of the MPWN including these sorts of leather bracelets and my personal favorite - beaded BONO bracelets!

I will be posting the pictures of these items this weekend at our MySpace & FB pages so if you would like to check out our various craft items made by the women of the MPWN, please visit these sites this weekend to check out some of the inventory of items that we sell to benefit these women & their children.

ALL proceeds (100%) of the sale of MPWN craft items go directly to the women who make them. And what could be better than that? :up:

Thanks for your time. I hope to hear from some of you soon. Blessings.:heart::heart:

Our email: info@mpwn-uganda.org

Mulago Positive Women’s Network

MySpace - Mulago Positive Women's Network - 50 - Female - AUSTIN, Texas - myspace.com/mulago

in FB, search for "AGNES NYAMAYARWO"
(we have a GREAT pic of Agnes, Bono & Ali together as our avi)

I seldom post here anymore but I must answer this statement - this bracelet is NOT from ONE. If I remember correctly, Bono received the bracelet from an org in Kenya when he visited there.

If people are interested in African bracelets like this or other items of African origin made by some of the people who have become Bono's friends in Africa, then I encourage you to check out the website & other social media that I co-ordinate with Bono's longtime friend in Uganda, Agnes Nyamayarwo, who is the original African spokesperson for DATA & ONE. :applaud:

Agnes & the collective of nearly seventy HIV+ women that she works with in Uganda were some of the first people that Bono met on his trip to Africa in May 2002. The women of the Mulago Positive Women's Network (MPWN) were members of the Mulago Dance & Drama troupe who Bono befriended & paid for their ARV's for two years before the ONE Campaign could pick up the funding of their ARV's so that these courageous people could continue their HIV/AIDS prevention efforts.

During the North American leg of the 360 tour, Bono gave Agnes "shout outs" from the stage twice before "One" for her continued HIV/AIDS activism. These shows were in Raleigh & Dallas.

We actually get the chance to meet with the B-man about once a year to brief him on Agnes' activities & to reconnect Agnes with her dear but very busy friend. :hug:

We have just received a new shipment of handmade African craft items from the women of the MPWN including these sorts of leather bracelets and my personal favorite - beaded BONO bracelets!

I will be posting the pictures of these items this weekend at our MySpace & FB pages so if you would like to check out our various craft items made by the women of the MPWN, please visit these sites this weekend to check out some of the inventory of items that we sell to benefit these women & their children.

ALL proceeds (100%) of the sale of MPWN craft items go directly to the women who make them. And what could be better than that? :up:

Thanks for your time. I hope to hear from some of you soon. Blessings.:heart::heart:

Our email: info@mpwn-uganda.org

Mulago Positive Women’s Network

MySpace - Mulago Positive Women's Network - 50 - Female - AUSTIN, Texas - myspace.com/mulago

in FB, search for "AGNES NYAMAYARWO"
(we have a GREAT pic of Agnes, Bono & Ali together as our avi)

Wow I'll definitely try and get a Bono style bracelet!!!! :D Thanks for the info on all of this!

Thank you for the info Jamila :up: I'll look for those new bracelets :)

I just wanted to also clarify that I did not mean to imply that Bono's bracelet was a ONE Campaign bracelet. Only that it's possible he wears a white band on his wrist in support of the ONE Campaign, as he pretty much has continuously done so since the white latex type bands were introduced.

Back
Top Bottom