Bono's Biggest Off-Stage Fashion Misfires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
Anyone have any pics?

This is meant to be fun and not inflammatory!

The only one I can think of is that Purple get up with the gold tie in the Xmas thread...or maybe the Street Mission video and some of the other pre-Boy stuff...

I like a lot of his many styles ;]

I love his style most the time! I honestly don't think he has many fashion misfires. But yeah this wasn't his best look. :uhoh:

BonoChristmastreelightsgoldtieParisFrance1-8-20089.jpg

(I actually really liked when he wore the gold tie with the denim though, that was pretty cool. :hmm:
bonoring.jpg
)

Looks like a fun thread :happy:

Bono's excrutiating fashion mistakes are part of the reason why I love this man, though some of it is really hard to swallow :lol:

:giggle: This could be a pretty big thread.

Love the wonderfull fahion mistakes tough.

Anytime he wears a tshirt under a button down, it is a big misfire for me.

Or anytime he wears mandals.....fashion fail.

Personally, I like the mandals. They look comfy and you don't see Bono's toes every day :lol:

I think the mandals are perfect for summer relaxation. I wear shoes like that for the summer as well. They are also comfortable and good if you have back problems. I have never quite understood why people don't like the mandals.

Flip Flops are much much worse. God, I hate those things.

Those awful creepers on the other hand :rolleyes:

But ok, seems like Bono (or Ali) got rid of those monstrosities some time ago anyway.

This is gonna be a big one. let's do it chronologically. :wink:
bonoedgeyoung.jpg

The entire Hobo JT era. Don't have many shots, but most people understand what I mean. I don't have the worst saved, thank feck. The Grammy's suit comes in mind.
edgebonnoslide.jpg

Sexy shirt...
bonobeardcuteshirtsmall.jpg

Nothing from Pop. :wink: Great era both clothes and outfit wise.

Now it's gonna go off. Elevation and especially VertiBono are pretty bad. :wink:

The mandals. Just.. NO.
azur2000.jpg

Uhm. Interesting shirt, to say the least.
bonofancyshirt.jpg

Sexy suit. Sexy shirt, very sexily untucked. Sexy tie.
bonosuitlol.jpg

White shirt untucked on jeans, with a white suit jacket?
bonowhitesuit3sttropez.jpg

bonobeachwhitesuit.jpg

The mandals, AGAIN.
bonoandselmahayedmexico.jpg

Awful colours.
bonocakesjacket.jpg

You can't see it here, but again the shirt untucked. And the colours are a horrific combination.
bonoinpurplepeacesign.jpg

Wtf is up with that sweater? It looks like something your grandma gives you for christmas that you only wear when she's there.
bonolightingciggyweirds.jpg

Oh Bono, when will you ever learn. Jeans, a shirt untucked and a tie does NOT equal a suit.
bonopretendswearingasui.jpg

The platform shoes. Just.. no. The socks are awesome though.
bonopurplesocksgettingu.jpg

Pimp Bono? Stripes is really not his thing.
bonocutegrin.jpg

And last but not least. I can't bear to post the grey version of this. It's too traumatic. Granny Bono at her finest hour.
bonotalking.jpg

Love the purple on him. I don't agree that it's a bad combination of colors. I'm wearing colors like this all the time. I'm red haired and love to wear purple, simply because a lot of people tell me I can't. Fashion rules are there to be broken. Some of these examples are bad, but I don't have anything against the purple, it's a nice color. The mandals, as I said, are ok. I don't know what to wear instead in the summer. Sneakers only make sweaty feet :yuck:

Purple is nice. He looks great with the purple shirt. But purple and brownish red? Heck no.

The mandals are definitely not ok. Normal sandals or flip flops would be okay. But these platform horrors? Yuck.

Now it's gonna go off. Elevation and especially VertiBono are pretty bad. :wink:

Wtf is up with that sweater? It looks like something your grandma gives you for christmas that you only wear when she's there.
bonolightingciggyweirds.jpg

The only thing this sweater is missing is a huge reindeer or snowman.

I like the button up shirts untucked and tucked.. So I don't see it as fashion mistake.
I think the green sweater and fringe jackets are teh winz of this thread.
Mandals and platforms are a fashion mistake, but a fashion mistake I kinda like :shifty:
They are funny

bonocomet said:
I love his style most the time! I honestly don't think he has many fashion misfires. But yeah this wasn't his best look. :uhoh:

(I actually really liked when he wore the gold tie with the denim though, that was pretty cool. :hmm: * SPOILER *)

Oh my dear Jesus...I don't think I'd ever seen that.

This thread: :up:

I like the button up shirts untucked and tucked.. So I don't see it as fashion mistake.
I think the green sweater and fringe jackets are teh winz of this thread.
Mandals and platforms are a fashion mistake, but a fashion mistake I kinda like :shifty:
They are funny

Well it works untucked if he's not trying to wear a suit. If it's a regular shirt, untucked looks great on him. If he's wearing a tie and a suit jacket? Tuck it in. :tsk:

Well it works untucked if he's not trying to wear a suit. If it's a regular shirt, untucked looks great on him. If he's wearing a tie and a suit jacket? Tuck it in. :tsk:

dissagree, I think it mostly looks okay , depending on the jacket, and shirt.
But hell its just personal taste.

Anyway , in the category Shades...
I nominate these.

U2Bono.jpeg
bono.jpg

Oh ... my ... god...

Bono , you could have left those at Lennons place.

Agreed!

I'm going to go ahead and say I think Edge owns the plaid. Sorry Bono!

Agreed- ever since Red Rocks! I always think it is cool when Edge wears it as it suits his personality and looks great on him...and it is so U2'ish as it hearkens back to the early days!

Hmmm

I don't see anything thaaaat bad except the Lennon glasses and the purple with maroon...

That was not a pleasing stripe though...

I actually liked a bunch of these - including the "mandals", the sweater, and especially the floral shirt (though perhaps not with those sunglasses.)

Some of these looks only he could pull off and he does it somehow!

I don't see anything thaaaat bad except the Lennon glasses and the purple with maroon...

That was not a pleasing stripe though...

I actually liked a bunch of these - including the "mandals", the sweater, and especially the floral shirt (though perhaps not with those sunglasses.)

Some of these looks only he could pull off and he does it somehow!

Yeah I totally agree with you! Bono's got a unique way of dressing, and I like it!

I am going to give him a :up: on the gentle plaid though :hmm: or maybe he just looks hot no matter what sitting in that car. :shifty:

monaco4-29-08GAH.jpg

And I think he looks pretty good in stripes too. :love:

databonoGermany5-15-0715Macphisto20.jpg

bonoyellowtiesuit21octphilly.jpg

bonopeaceyellowtie.jpg

Is this the same tie? :uhoh: It looks ginormous here.

And maybe I'm weird, but I love love LOVE this look on him. :love: :up:
tiejeanssmaller.jpg

redhill said:

Just so you know, this site Mega randomly started playing music on my phone while I was in the middle of a conversation on it and for the life of me I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. My mom was like, I don't hear anything...

Back
Top Bottom