Bono/U2 and Michael Stipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Michael's got some amazing blue eyes. :love: Gives that other blue-eyed singer a run for the money in the blue eye department. :sexywink:

Funnily enough, I was just thinking about digging up (read: Googling) some photos of U2 and R.E.M. and then I found this thread. Yay, my needs are satisfied!

TheEdgeMikeMillsMichaelStipeMarioBataliakaQuestloveJimCourier9-25-2011NYC1.jpg

I've just found this photo and its description says it was taken by Mike Stipe:

bonobymichaelstipe.jpg

I've just found this photo and its description says it was taken by Mike Stipe:

bonobymichaelstipe.jpg

he did a ton of pictures one summer and randomly posted them on his website...there's one of Edge, Morleigh, and I think Gavin or Guggi. Everyone was wearing Michael's glasses in the pictures.

Yep, I was crushing on 1993 Michael Stipe and Bono at the same time. Zooropa vs. Automatic For the People....

Me, too. Back then when the world was still in order.:sad:

They are incredible cute together.:hug:

Awww, thank you so much for these great pictures! So many sweet photos. Michael and U2, Bono especially really are very close. I remember Bono saying in "In Conversation" that most people have no idea how close he is to Michael and how much his friendship means to him. Also, there's a very sweet dedication from B to Michael at the end of "U2 by U2". I love seeing them together and I wish they'd sing/play together again. So sad R. E. M. won't be making any more music, but at least we have all their albums to listen to, which is indeed a great gift :sad:

That must be in the update book from 2006? Because I just read "In Conversation" again.

Yesterday I saw the video of Michael at Jimmy Fallon from Monday. He was just sitting next to him saying almost nothing apart from a mumbled "Hi; Jimmy Fellon" while Jimmy introduced Radiohead. Was too cute.

I'd like to post what Bono said about Michael in "U2 by U2", because it's very adorable.:love:

Bono:
I remember walking backstage (a concert in Milton Keynes in 1985) and saw this odd-looking bohemian with tiny little plaits in his hair, scribbling on a piece of paper. He looked like Lucky from „Waiting for Godot“, with a striking, tragicomic face. I sidled up beside him and said hello and he had a beautiful, mellifluous, southern twang, with perfect manners. That was the moment I met Michael Stipe. He was reading something and so was I, I can't remember what we were reading but it was a mine's-more-interesting than yours moment, and there was that dance when two contemporaries kind of work around each other. That began a relationship that is one of the most important of my life. Michael Stipe's friendship means more than I could ever tell you. He's one of the most consistent people you can have as a friend. I consider myself very loyal but unreliable. He's very reliable.
:up:

I'd like to post what Bono said about Michael in "U2 by U2", because it's very adorable.:love:

Bono:
I remember walking backstage (a concert in Milton Keynes in 1985) and saw this odd-looking bohemian with tiny little plaits in his hair, scribbling on a piece of paper. He looked like Lucky from „Waiting for Godot“, with a striking, tragicomic face. I sidled up beside him and said hello and he had a beautiful, mellifluous, southern twang, with perfect manners. That was the moment I met Michael Stipe. He was reading something and so was I, I can't remember what we were reading but it was a mine's-more-interesting than yours moment, and there was that dance when two contemporaries kind of work around each other. That began a relationship that is one of the most important of my life. Michael Stipe's friendship means more than I could ever tell you. He's one of the most consistent people you can have as a friend. I consider myself very loyal but unreliable. He's very reliable.
:up:

Aww that's awesome. I really ought to read that book one of these days. Thanks :)

^ That's so beautiful :love:

And it's what I meant, I thought it was in "Bono in Conversation", but it's indeed in "U2 by U2".

Back
Top Bottom