Bono to speak at Women's conference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cstar

The Fly
I haven't seen this posted yet, so hear goes... :hyper: :drool:

Women's expo has star power
By Pamela Hale-Burns, Staff Writer
Article Launched: 07/13/2008 10:13:32 PM PDT
Women's expo has star power - Press-Telegram

LONG BEACH - Feeling unencouraged, powerless and uninspired?

Well, you could join thousands for the annual Women's Conference 2008, where you will hear inspirational and encouraging talks from renowned figures like rock star and humanitarian Bono and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Oct. 22 at the Long Beach Convention Center.

Tickets go on sale today, and the official announcement for this year's conference speaker will be made today.

Guest speakers will include Barbara Walters, Jennifer Lopez and Lance Armstrong. Each will share their personal success stories, empowering words of encouragement and inspirational life lessons.

The conference, which is the largest gathering of women in the nation, was started in 1991 by then-Gov. Pete Wilson as a government initiative.

Today, with Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and First Lady Maria Shriver at the helm, the conference has grown from a government initiative for working professionals to a world-reaching organization.

The nonprofit conference has formed partnerships, developed programs, and supported initiatives in California and elsewhere.

Known for its ability to inspire women to become generators of change, the conference unites leaders and visionaries with thousands of women in one arena to share enriching stories of transformation and success.

Past guests have been some the world's most influential people, such as former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, journalist and author Deborah Norville and Queen of Jordan Rania Al Abdullah.
This year, conference organizers are giving attendees more chances for networking.

The Night at The Village, a new pre-conference event, will be from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Oct. 21. This event also features a special conversation and booking signing by First Lady Maria Shriver. Tickets for this event are $20.

Conference tickets in the loge are $185. Balcony seats are $150 and partial view balcony tickets are $125.

For more information and registration, visit the conference's web site, The Women's Conference - Empowerment, Inspiration and Education for Women.

You know ... Bono speaking at a women's convention is a no-brainer. For me, all he'd have to do would be stand there, say a few words, look me in the eye, that'd be all he'd have to do .... :cute:

I just purchased one ticket!!! *SQUEEE*!!!

Afternoon Only Session: Wednesday, October 22, 3:30 PM - 7:00 PM
$40 per ticket

The afternoon general session includes the Minerva Awards Session. This session is included with your Conference pass. You do not need to purchase this session if you have already selected the Conference passes above. The session includes confirmed speakers First Lady Maria Shriver and Bono as well as a musical performance by Bonnie Raitt.

The main event is sold out Dang it.
Isn't that when Bono speaks?

No, he is in the Afternoon Only Session. If you register, it will show you the details after you enter your info and go to pick which session. This is where it does say Bono is in this afternoon only session along with Maria Shriver.

Those who already have the full day pass (which is sold out) have this session included on their ticket, but they are offering the afternoon only session ALONE for $40. It is open seating in the Balcony only. Give it a look and see.

https://www.event-registration.biz/cawc/register.asp

I just purchased one ticket!!! *SQUEEE*!!!

Afternoon Only Session: Wednesday, October 22, 3:30 PM - 7:00 PM
$40 per ticket

The afternoon general session includes the Minerva Awards Session. This session is included with your Conference pass. You do not need to purchase this session if you have already selected the Conference passes above. The session includes confirmed speakers First Lady Maria Shriver and Bono as well as a musical performance by Bonnie Raitt.

:hyper:!!See you there Dion!!!:wave:

No, he is in the Afternoon Only Session. If you register, it will show you the details after you enter your info and go to pick which session. This is where it does say Bono is in this afternoon only session along with Maria Shriver.

Those who already have the full day pass (which is sold out) have this session included on their ticket, but they are offering the afternoon only session ALONE for $40. It is open seating in the Balcony only. Give it a look and see.

https://www.event-registration.biz/cawc/register.asp
Yeah!!
Thanks Dion!!
I got my ticket!!
We should meet up there!! Can I hang with you and Bonofox??
I don't bite promise! :):hyper:

I would love to go to that conference. I live on the East Coast so it would be a stretch.
I am soooo mad:mad:
Bono at a women's conference would be awesome!
I am a sociology major with a minor in Women's studies and have been to many mediocre conferences in Atlanta and Charlotte.
This one tops them all!
maybe I will get lucky and figure a way to go and meet up with Jesusgirl and the rest of you.

Back
Top Bottom