Bono to speak at Women's conference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want to go so bad, but I'm in Jersey. I also have to work and I'm going to a World Series party. It's exciting that the Phillies are in, but that doesn't compare to Bono.

Hi...I'm going to the conference too!!!
My boss went last year and had such an amazing time that she bought a table and our staff is going. I heard back in June that Bono would be there and I've been so freaking excited. I'm leaving my 11 week old son home with my hubby tomorrow so I can go see BONO!!! I can't wait!!!:hyper:

Saw a billboard on my way to the hostel yesterday! It's going to be televised, but maybe locally. The date was only for today on, so maybe they will just do the Minerva Awards? On my way to Long Beach now!

:wave:

Give Bono a big Tennessee Shout Out from me. We have a very nice Women's Conference here annually & would show him some really good Southern Hospitality :drool: I mean :angel:if he would like to come here & speak to us.

Looks like we will find the pix on Getty for this event. They are already posting pix of the others who have appeared at the conference so far.

Watching the webcast here - The Women's Conference 2008 - Motivation, Empowerment, Leadership

or The Women's Conference - Empowerment, Inspiration and Education for Women (link is on the top part of the page)

Wish I was there...had to choose between that or the tour because of $$. I chose the tour. I wouldn't have made it anyway as I ended up with a case of vertigo... I'm still dizzy... haha!

I actually bought tickets to this event but couldn't manage to get time off or justify the enormous airfare from Seattle. I am having major budget issues with this recession just like millions of other Americans!
:(
By next year things in this world should be looking much better!! God willing !!!Just in time for the U2 tour!! :) :hyper: Can't wait...
Hey maybe that's why they postponed the album? The election and the economy .... hmmmm. Me wonders.
They always lift us up don't they?!!:hyper:

I actually bought tickets to this event but couldn't manage to get time off or justify the enormous airfare from Seattle. I am having major budget issues with this recession just like millions of other Americans!
:(
By next year things in this world should be looking much better!! God willing !!!Just in time for the U2 tour!! :) :hyper: Can't wait...
Hey maybe that's why they postponed the album? The election and the economy .... hmmmm. Me wonders.
They always lift us up don't they?!!:hyper:

I actually still have my ticket, as I didn't have enough time to try and sell it or just give it to someone...Totally understand the budget issues Jeannieco! I am right there with you. Reason why I had to choose...

83390089.jpg

Bono and Sister Joan Chittister share a blessing backstage at The 2008 Women's Conference on October 22, 2008 in Long Beach, California.

Cool thanks. I'm trying to pay attention and watch the World Series at the same time. When Bono comes on he'll have my full attention.

Back
Top Bottom