Bono to design Vipp bin for charity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
One of the world's greatest singers, Irish Bono of U2, will now work with Danish design company Vipp, known for its design pedal bins.

Bono will design a Vipp pedal bin which will be auctioned off at a large scale charity event in New York. Danish supermodel Helena Christensen will host this event with Vipp. Apart from hosting the event, Helena Christensen will contribute with designs for Vipp bins herself.

"We are thrilled that Bono has said yes to participating in this. He is a great personality who will help get other artists and designers involved in our event, and this will help raise even more money for the organisations we are supporting", says Steen Breiner, head of PR and communication at Vipp.

Just a short while ago Vipp opened its American headquarters in New York, and this is the reason that the company has decided to arrange a charity event in the city. Helena Christensen who also lives in New York very quickly said yes to hosting the vent. The money raised at the charity auction will be donated to the poor of New York and to children still suffering from the 1986 disaster at the nuclear power plant in Chernobyl.

"We are actively involved with these organisations, Foodbank New York and Chernobyl Children's Project International, because they do important work. One out of every seven New Yorker needs support at some point due to the loss of a job and the like. As a local company it is important that we contribute and help here. And, once you have seen the conditions under which the forgotten children of Chernobyl live, it is impossible not to take action. On a commercial level we are obviously also using this as a platform to
how the Americans what a Vipp pedal bin is", says Steen Breiner.

Vipp is currently inviting other personalities to contribute with designs for the charity auction which will take place on September 18th in New York.

For further information, please contact:
Morten Øland
+45 32 64 03 17
mo@vipp.com

That's what I want to know. He is close to Helena. Hmmm. I don't work on Thursdays, maybe I'll take a trip up to NYC. I live in South Jersey.

Did anyone email for info, like where it is and what time?

That's what I tought, too, but Bono is known for liking things that are a little strange. :lol:

Seriously, I hope he designs a lamp next, because I need one for my new appartment.

I've been looking for a suitable table lamp too! :wink: Something along the lines of the following pic would be ideal....

bonolamp.jpg

:lol:

But a dustbin designed by Bono, I'd definitely buy one! :hyper: :D

One of the world's greatest singers, Irish Bono of U2, will now work with Danish design company Vipp, known for its design pedal bins.

Bono will design a Vipp pedal bin which will be auctioned off at a large scale charity event in New York. Danish supermodel Helena Christensen will host this event with Vipp. Apart from hosting the event, Helena Christensen will contribute with designs for Vipp bins herself.

"We are thrilled that Bono has said yes to participating in this. He is a great personality who will help get other artists and designers involved in our event, and this will help raise even more money for the organisations we are supporting", says Steen Breiner, head of PR and communication at Vipp.

Just a short while ago Vipp opened its American headquarters in New York, and this is the reason that the company has decided to arrange a charity event in the city. Helena Christensen who also lives in New York very quickly said yes to hosting the vent. The money raised at the charity auction will be donated to the poor of New York and to children still suffering from the 1986 disaster at the nuclear power plant in Chernobyl.

"We are actively involved with these organisations, Foodbank New York and Chernobyl Children's Project International, because they do important work. One out of every seven New Yorker needs support at some point due to the loss of a job and the like. As a local company it is important that we contribute and help here. And, once you have seen the conditions under which the forgotten children of Chernobyl live, it is impossible not to take action. On a commercial level we are obviously also using this as a platform to
how the Americans what a Vipp pedal bin is", says Steen Breiner.

Vipp is currently inviting other personalities to contribute with designs for the charity auction which will take place on September 18th in New York.

For further information, please contact:
Morten Øland
+45 32 64 03 17
mo@vipp.com

Oh that is VERY INTRESTING!! Thanky you for the srticle Nimah ;)

VIPP CHARITY PEDAL BIN: DESIGNED BY BONO
Bono has decorated a Vipp pedal bin for the Vipp Charity Auction for Helena Christensen, along with 40 others, including Michael Stipe and Mario Batali. All proceeds from the auction will benefit Chernobyl Children's Project International and The Food Bank for New York City.

Called "Bono Trash", the pedal bin features a self portrait of the singer, and is dedicated to "H-bomb", also known as Helena Christensen, host of the Charity Auction. Inside the bin will be some handwritten song lyrics including the first draft of a song Bono wrote for Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday.

It is possible to sign up for bidding on Bono's bin containing lyrics from September 10th until September 18th, where the auction event will take place in New York. At the auction, it will also be possible to place bids via telephone, making long distance bidding possible.

The Bono bin with lyrics is expected to be auctioned off at 7.15 p.m.

Bono Trash :lol: Some people will be pleased to hear this!

b_trash_lyrics.jpg

Can anyone make out the lyrics?

Bono has written: "Not good enough 4 the great man" over it. Now we know what happened to the songs on the new album.

Back
Top Bottom