Bono to design Vipp bin for charity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i wonder if he'll be attending the auction, after all he will be in nyc for the UN meetings

Can anyone make out the lyrics?

Thank god for photo-editing software - even though there's a fair amount of guessing in there as well.
I've tried to make (a pretty decent?) attempt and it looks like it goes something like this:

[Thick Black scribble in the top left corner]
Not fall/So far
or
???

[Thinner writing]
poem to Nelson Mandela
All when the shed ??? no true stars....
they and ??? is not a ??? on the land
but in the heart of a big man,

[beside the fist holding something]
A figure on a ???
not to resist
a knotted fist
?? an open hand
an open face
an open page
And ?? might
create a rage

"We as people learn of good
the songs are in our eyes
gonna wear them like a crown"

[beneath the hand doing the peace-sign]
A knotted fist
an open hand
an open face
for your prayer

[Writing on the side]
The saltier your eyes
?? a stop and others
Till every heart
is as free as is yours

[Black, thick writing]
Not good enough 4 the great man.

Thank god for photo-editing software - even though there's a fair amount of guessing in there as well.
I've tried to make (a pretty decent?) attempt and it looks like it goes something like this:

Yes thanks again for this. It does look like he was writing the song for Mandela's birthday, decided it wasn't good enough, and that it belonged in the trash bin.

I've found a better version of the picture: *here*

"All those who stood together now know this (?)" ...

has anyone been to the conran shop or did sign up (does signung up mean you get pictures like this one I found: ~*~) ?

Is anyone going to this event to see if he will be there. I've been having a gut instinct all day today saying that I should go. I don't know, but last Saturday I worked 6am-2pm and had got home at 3 and had to be 2 hours away for a friend's birthday. I had to be at another friend's house by 5 and she lives 45 minutes away and I wasn't going to come on here and I had the same feeling. When I did come on there were new pics of Bono and Ali. Something inside told me to come on here that day and the same thing is telling me to go tonight.

i dont think he will be there since yesterday he was just in switzerland

No, he wasn't in Switzerland. There is a thread in this forum about his speech at the World Economic Forum in Davos in January 2008, you mistook it for news. The WEF in Davos/Switzerland is always in January and Bono is a regular participant.

I think it's pretty sure he will be in NY, because there are at least two confirmed appearances by him for next week, the UN event and the Clinton event. Therefore it could very well be that he's in New York right now and maybe he'll take part in the auction.

aahhh kay that makes sense. oh right. wow i feel stupid i even watched that speech already. college is making me tired :)

now iw anna go...i am in nyc...anyone going?

I'm going. I'm leaving in 5 minutes. I have to travel a little, so I'll see anyone there that is going. I'll have a pink hollister shirt on:wave:

82910276.jpg

82910115.jpg

82910101.jpg

I went up and stayed till about 8:30 amd I didn't see either one of them. I saw Helena though. I got a pic, but it came out blurry. It was taken from a distance and I was trying to take it discreatly. My batteries were also low and I didn't use the flash. Juliannne Moore walked past me and Adge.

HPIM0393.jpg

Back
Top Bottom