Bono sings Prayer of StFrancis today at SargentShriver's funeral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonoshriverfuneral.jpg

Thanks for those screen caps and photos!

Btw, Bono is getting trashed with negative comments on the news boards.
I defended him though. Afterall, this was a family event not a concert and these people that are bashing him have no idea that he was considered part of the Shriver/Kennedy family.
People can be so mean and disrespectful. It's about honoring the memory of this great man's contribution to the world and all they can talk about is negative garbage about Bono. Blows my mind.
Ok, rant over. Sorry :reject:

I defended him though. Afterall, this was a family event not a concert and these people that are bashing him have no idea that he was considered part of the Shriver/Kennedy family.
People can be so mean and disrespectful. It's about honoring the memory of this great man's contribution to the world and all they can talk about is negative garbage about Bono. Blows my mind.

That's why I don't read comments below articles.

Bono's voice wasn't at his best, he must have a cold or something, but it was very sweet of him to sing for the man, I don't think Bono considers himself as part of this family, but he's a good friend of them and he's very emotional with his friends, we've seen lots of times, he stays by them not only in good but also in hard times, that's the important thing for me.

I don't think Bono considers himself as part of this family

Bono has spoken about Eunice like she was a mother figure to him saying after she passed away that she was "the woman he most admired in the world outside his own family".
So I am sure he was closer to them than just on a "friendly" basis, but whatever...it's semantics.

Bono has spoken about Eunice like she was a mother figure to him saying after she passed away that she was "the woman he most admired in the world outside his own family".
So I am sure he was closer to them than just on a "friendly" basis, but whatever...it's semantics.

You said it "the woman he most admired in the world outside his own family", my friends are really important and close to me, yet I don't consider them part of my family, I choose my friends, I don't choose my family, but anyway, I think we try to say something very similar with different words, as I said the important thing for me is he's a rock star and all that, but he stays and backs those who he loves in good and bad times, that's something great to say about any person, isn't it?

You said it "the woman he most admired in the world outside his own family", my friends are really important and close to me, yet I don't consider them part of my family, I choose my friends, I don't choose my family, but anyway, I think we try to say something very similar with different words, as I said the important thing for me is he's a rock star and all that, but he stays and backs those who he loves in good and bad times, that's something great to say about any person, isn't it?

Yes, I think we are saying the same thing. :D I think we have a culture gap here. I'm sorry you don't consider your close friends part of your family...I know what you are saying...dont' worry.
In America we sometimes refer to very close friends as part of the family even though they are not blood relatives. Like I am "Aunt" Jeannie to my friend's children even though we are not blood sisters. Does that make sense?:D I have very close friends who tell me they consider me a sister even though we have different parents. I wouldn't be surprised if Bono was Uncle B to several great grandchildren in the Kennedy/Shriver clan. :)
I would say Godfather but he is not a practicing Catholic.

Back
Top Bottom