Bono says U2 may split up after this tour.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't they just release albums instead of this friggin' long tours that take up years? I'd rather have more albums from them, new matterial. This is why I say that it does matter how the band perform and sound good in the studio. If they can't do retakes it just means that's lazy and this is even worst than miming in my opinion.

Nope I'd say its for real this time, esp the way Larry has been going on lately saying he doesent enjoy it that much anymore (except playing live), and he has insisted he wants to spend more time with his family,

I think this would be a good thing for them, I'd say 1 more album (SOA) and tour it, and then become like the The Rolling Stones as in tour every 10 years and maybe bring out a new album every now and then,

No doubt U2 are still one of the best bands around atm, but I really get where Larry is coming from by saying he wants to go out on top.

There comes a time, when everyone wants to retire from their jobs. And I don't blame Larry, for wanting to retire while they are on top.

Hello Plebans! I love U2 and I think they should consider retiring on top. We have to remember these guys have families, and as fathers they have to take into account their childrens' welfare and be there for them. One thing I've learned since the death of Michael Jackson (RIP), is that you can't abandon and isolate yourself from your family. Anyone can come in and manipulate you and keep you in bondage. Remember the Doris Duke case where her butler became her guardian, began giving her a cocktail of drugs, spending her money, etc. Sorry to ramble but it is something to think about. I'm looking forward to attending my first ever U2 concert, hey! Peace!!!

and besides didn't they just sign a 10 yr deal with Live natrion?

If they were THAT uncertain couldn't they have inked,
say, a 5 - 8 year deal? :hmm:

I was just thinking the same thing. If there is any doubt (amongst them) how much longer they will last as a band, I don't see why they would lock themselves into such a long term contract...

Back
Top Bottom