Bono Out & About in South of France (06/08/10)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:shifty: Maybe it was the same reason that caused Bono's back problems during the Vertigo tour(according to himself, that is).

he had said he was having more trouble with his back even during the Elevation tour....
..he mentioned something like the emotional stuff he was going through with his father... that his back problems were now like his father's........

Of course, I don't know about Bono's case. But, in mine. (I had a lumbar disc injury, due to sports.) I was advised not to work with heavy weight training equipment. Too much stress for my back. Sensible exercise such as walking and swimming are best. And light arm weights (three pounds) for toning, muscle strength. No ankle weights, what so ever. It can aggravate Sciatica.

wow didn't know that about the ankle weights.:ohmy:
(my dad had Sciatica problems at times)
Sorry you found yourself in a nasty situation!
Sounds like you have recovered pretty well A sotr. Good for you!:up:

IMHO.....I think Bono looks wonderful! I am so happy for him. He is able to walk. Bono came very close to not being able to and perhaps, being in a wheel chair for the rest of his life.

Yeah, fuckng really, WHAT a terrifying scare! :yikes::yikes:

The pictures of him with Max are sooooo cute :cute:

I think he looks lovely. It's so great to see that he's getting back to normal, and not lying in bed or something.

The weight discussion gets old (and angering) but I have to say...the man is probably in better shape than I am, and let's just say I'm quite a few years younger :wink: When he runs around the stage, my first thought is always: Damn, I would get a quarter of the way around and collapse, gasping for air. :lol:

very sweet pics B w the Lance family
good to see him relaxing

i hadn't gotten through the whole Edge Vid report until today....so
I finally heard the part where Edge says he probably the most rest he has had in decades! it pretty true!

First, my english is not very good !

So... I think the present hair of Bono is a simple transition. We are now in June, and since the end of the 360 Tour his hair just grow up. He will probably return to his 2001-2005 rock style ! For his shape, it seems a normal size, on the recent picture with the Lance family. Anyway, some training and he will return to his slim shape.

But I understand that sometimes it's hard to see him getting older !
Especially when we know Bono like this... the past is so perfect :

bonohair.png

My ovaries didn't ping at the baby (they're cold as ice, baby).

But I still enjoyed watching the gentleman in the sunglasses.

LOVE the pic of him and the baby - he seems to really adore small kids! So cute! AND I like the tweet from Lance Armstrong about their time together "Africa, Cancer and where the 2 meet" nice wording.

Wow, these seem to be very private pictures :ohmy:

Bono's cute with the baby and looking great. Judging from his hair - which looks great, too - the pictures must be recent. Nice view from his house, and I don't think I've ever seen the inside of the house.

He has an empty wine glass - I guess he must still be on painkillers :lol:

And about the "weight discussion": I think we've had enough of that here. I feel that right now is not the time to discuss the man's weight. Of course medication can cause you weight problems, but I don't see Bono having "man boobs and a belly", that's just disrespectful. I've seen him "fuller", I don't think he's overweight. If it helps him heal and is good for the nerves, so be it. The man isn't on stage right now but in rehab, so his looks are secondary to his health.

I agree LU.....I don't think Bono is over weight for a man his age. He looks great considering all he has been through.

And you of course are right.....some meds can cause a person to gain weight.

But, you know, so what.

Health is always more important. Than a few extra pounds. My sister has to take meds for seizures. Better for to be alive, healthy, pretty and curvy. The alternative, could be death.

wow didn't know that about the ankle weights.:ohmy:
(my dad had Sciatica problems at times)
Sorry you found yourself in a nasty situation!
Sounds like you have recovered pretty well A sotr. Good for you!:up:

Yeah, fuckng really, WHAT a terrifying scare! :yikes::yikes:

Thank you, for your kind words. I still have mild Sciatica flare ups, at times. But, nothing compared to what it was.

I was very frighten too. For Bono.

I'm so happy to see Bono is up and around. I think he looks great!

That's Lance Armstrong right? Who is Max Armstrong?

Also on the pictures.... I am tired of the weight discussion too, and let me say in defense of a man who gets his photo snapped almost the very second he steps outside, every time he goes outside, there are bound to be photos that are taken from unflattering angles, and in unflattering light which can add 20pds in the blink of an eye. I have experience with this like you all I am sure.
I mean if you see pictures of him (these here for example if during the same time frame,) he looks like the same old loveable Bono to me.
I am sure you all agree, that when you take pictures or see pictures of yourself on vacation or whatever you immediately toss the ones that make you look fat or not your gorgeous self right even though you weight exactly the SAME. You know what I mean?
He unfortuantely cannot toss out the pictures of himself (like he would care anyway) but instead the entire world gets to talk about it and disect it to no end.

Can you imagine if he were reading this? Which thank God he is not. Just the discussion alone is embarrassing.
IMO:|

I totally agree with you too. I was shocked when certain people started to insist that Bono has put on weight! I was like, wot?! You gotta be kidding me!! Coz I don't see it, blinded by love for Bono maybe, but still an absolutely ridiculous claim in my opinion!! :no: Yes, he's wearing a baggy shirt, but that could be to hide the back brace/corset, which I'm sure he needs to wear (my brother had to wear one after he's back surgery) rather than 'a few extra pounds'! :shrug:

And this discussion about Bono's weight is, in my opinion, very inappropriate, especially right now when we should be concentrating on wishing Bono well instead of making nasty remarks (including the few jabs about his hair! :huh: ) about him! :tsk: A little bit of tact and consideration please!! :gah:

I don't care if he is a massive, moobed mess,

:lmao:

:uhoh:

Yes, he's wearing a baggy shirt, but that could be to hide the back brace/corset, which I'm sure he needs to wear (my brother had to wear one after he's back surgery) rather than 'a few extra pounds'! :shrug:

You're right, I hadn't considered this. I'm sure he's wearing one, it helps him to stabilize the muscles again and protects his back from further injury.

Back
Top Bottom