BONO IN st. barths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember where I read/heard this but a few years ago I remember reading or hearing that if an average person were to attempt what a top frontman like Bono does, they'd probably pass out or have a heart attack. He doesn't need to be skinny or even well toned to be fit and do his job well, but I bet his heart and lungs are in dang good shape!

That's all that matters. You can be slim and unhealthy. Plus I don't think he's overweight, in fact I think he's lost weight. He's never had the type of build that could be toned and muscley, and he certainly won't be able to achieve that at his age. I don't like that skinny look either and certainly not obese, so I think he's build is just fine for him.

BTW, I do honestly believe that the band experimented with drugs during the 90's. On Google groups a guy, who seemed to know what he was on about, said that a friend of his worked in a nightclub where the band visited in Australia during the PopMart tour. And he said that most of them were taking cocaine all night. He also said that he heard some horror stories from a guy who worked in paparazzi but everyone on the forum shot him down so he said they'll be no point telling us about it. Pity because I would have liked to know what he said. Even if you don't belive his story, it doesn't mean that we should not allow a person to speak and act or hysterical. "Oh no not are perfect little band. Everyone who does drugs are evil 'cos they suck the blood out of newborn kittens"

Drug addicts can be surprisingly skilled at hiding their addiction and they can appear like a Jekyl & Hyde character. Did any of you know that Michael Hutchance was a heroin addict before he died from as overdose because I didn't. Even sometimes in interviews when the topics of the Pop era, ZooTV tour and drugs prop up you can sense that the band are holding things back if you read between the lines. In Q magazine, for the review of the U2 By U2 book the reviewer even made a comment about this. He also pointed out the fact that by using Niel McCormick as the man to undertake this they once again have complete control over what was printed.

We really don't allow speculation/gossip about the band's private lives. I realize some stuff out there is public information that is widely known and will therefore be discussed...but speculating on Bono (and the others) using drugs? That really isn't appropriate. I know some people think it's too strict of a rule and that this site has too much of a "sunshine and rainbows" mentality...but I really think it's just a matter of respect towards the band.

If the band were to come out in an interview or something and admit to it, that's one thing...we understand it would be discussed, since it's information that has been put out to the public, straight from the source. But...a guy on Google groups whose friend worked in a nightclub really isn't the greatest source.

I don't care one way or the other about a little drug experimentation but that's quite a stretch to being "drug addicts" or akin to Michael Hutchence.

I totally believe they were experimenting with drugs at some points in their carreer, several band members have refered to that, but ... so what? It's a rock band we're talking about here. Adam's problems with alcohol (also a drug, and a very dangerous one) are well documented. And apart from that, it really doesn't look like any band member was ever an addict or destroyed himself. There were a lot of bands that were destroyed by drug addiction. I don't know why experimentation with drugs is such a big deal. But I woudln't jump to any conclusions just because some guy from Australia has said something on a internet forum. I mean, come on.

And Michael Hutchence death really shouldn't be an issue here. He was very sick. It's a tragedy what happened, but it's far fetched to compare this situation to speculations about what U2 members may or may not have done in regards to drugs.

Thanks BF!
I think this story of drugs has been created by journalists, they are so creative, to sell their papers! Damn it! They don't know the word "RESPECT"!
Really they're normal, and I don't believe this stuff, can you imagine the boys on stage, like that=>:crack:
No, so don't belive it!

Thanks BF!
I think this story of drugs has been created by journalists, they are so creative, to sell their papers! Damn it! They don't know the word "RESPECT"!
Really they're normal, and I don't believe this stuff, can you imagine the boys on stage, like that=>:crack:
No, so don't belive it!

You do know that Adam has been arrested on august 6, 1989 for drug posession right?

They are 'normal' yes, but they're no saints.

The press might make up a lot of shit, but some of it is true.

^ I don't think this comment is particularly funny or respectful.

He commited suicide by hanging himself in a Sydney hotel room.

We really don't allow speculation/gossip about the band's private lives. I realize some stuff out there is public information that is widely known and will therefore be discussed...but speculating on Bono (and the others) using drugs? That really isn't appropriate. I know some people think it's too strict of a rule and that this site has too much of a "sunshine and rainbows" mentality...but I really think it's just a matter of respect towards the band.

If the band were to come out in an interview or something and admit to it, that's one thing...we understand it would be discussed, since it's information that has been put out to the public, straight from the source. But...a guy on Google groups whose friend worked in a nightclub really isn't the greatest source.

Thanks for this. I don't really think it is anyone's business if they did or did not, and I really don't want to know one way or another. :up:

I think the obvious reason Bono was skinnier during the Popmart tour is quite simply because he was smoking more. I don't think it can be any more obvious than that.

I too would rather he weren't gaining smoking and giving up weight, but I don't think smoking was a huge part of P0PB0N0 supposedly being a bunch thin - Al Capone smoked, after all.

You do know that Adam has been arrested on august 6, 1989 for drug posession right?

They are 'normal' yes, but they're no saints.

The press might make up a lot of shit, but some of it is true.

The press can't make things up, they're not allowed to, and even the things they do say are based on some element of the truth. They need a source, and the way they go about getting sources is simple. A guy on a radio station of what I listen to says that being in the media means that he gets regular phone calls from journelists who work for both the tabloid and broadsheet press asking him if he has a story about any celebrities. If he says no they reply: well can you make something up? As long as they have a source they can print what they want, regardless of whether or not it's true, but they are not allowed to make up a story without some external source. This is the loophole they use.

Well you can believe what you want but I think some people can be nieve, all I know is what I've been told. They will never admit to being heavily involved in drugs but that doesn't mean they never were, people lie you know. Just like Bono would never admit to having cosmetic surgery. He's deffinetly had he's teeth done. If you notice the difference in his front teeth around UF period and from JT and now you can see what I'm on about. IOf course it doesn't really matter and 'd rather speak about music then discuss endless boring topics like the bands clothing attire, hairstyles and weight. These conversations I find increadibly tedious. At least they didn't end up like Ozzy Osbourne or Keith Richards

Last edited:
The press can't make things up, they're not allowed to, and even the things they do say are based on some element of the truth. They need a source, and the way they go about getting sources is simple. A guy on a radio station of what I listen to says that being in the media means that he gets regular phone calls from journelists who work for both the tabloid and broadsheet press asking him if he has a story about any celebrities. If he says no they reply: well can you make something up? As long as they have a source they can print what they want, regardless of whether or not it's true, but they are not allowed to make up a story without some external source. This is the loophole they use.

Well you can believe what you want but I think some people can be nieve, all I know is what I've been told. They will never admit to being heavily involved in drugs but that doesn't mean they never were, people lie you know. Just like Bono would never admit to having cosmetic surgery. He's deffinetly had he's teeth done. If you notice the difference in his front teeth around UF period and from JT and now you can see what I'm on about. IOf course it doesn't really matter and 'd rather speak about music then discuss endless boring topics like the bands clothing attire, hairstyles and weight. These conversations I find increadibly tedious. At least they didn't end up like Ozzy Osbourne or Keith Richards

What astounds me is that you are still discussing this after the mods said it is not allowed

:lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock:

Popmart Sydney bender? Bono was at the Mardi Gras 2 days after Popmart Sydney and appeared on the highlights show on Channel 10 (or channel 2?) the next night. My friends and I watched it and fell apart laughing cos Bono was being interviewed and he was totally off his nut. Now we can speculate what he had imbibed, but hell, he imbibed!

That was an awesome weekend my mates and I had, Popmart and Mardi Gras :rockon:

I know some people think it's too strict of a rule and that this site has too much of a "sunshine and rainbows" mentality...but I really think it's just a matter of respect towards the band.
So truth! Rainbows, sunshine, unicorns... Such a gay-place. Are u2 still a rock-and roll band? It's not just matter of respect towards the band it looks like they have too much to hide.:reject:

:shifty: Of course everyone here has led a very clean life, never over indulged, tried illegal substances etc, and has nothing to hide? :hmm:

I admit I have on the odd occasion, but so what? Everyone has skeletons of some description in their closet - its what makes us human! :sexywink:

So truth! Rainbows, sunshine, unicorns... Such a gay-place. Are u2 still a rock-and roll band? It's not just matter of respect towards the band it looks like they have too much to hide.:reject:

:happy:

Unicorns?

:hyper:

Yes, U2 have sooooo much to hide.

In my language we have a proverb that says go swipe your own doorstep. I think you understand.

:happy:

Unicorns?

:hyper:

Yes, U2 have sooooo much to hide.

In my language we have a proverb that says go swipe your own doorstep. I think you understand.
It seems you think it's your place but there is millions of u2's fans around the world and we can think by our own. You always say bad things toward me and many others here but it seems the mods think it's ok. Please, just don't talk to me anymore! :|
Bonogirl777- of course i didn't want to talk bad things about gays. I can say I feel pride that some of them are my friends!:cute: But this place should be for everyone who loves u2 . That's such shame because a lot of u2 fans couldn't talk about them anything but "he looks so good" , "she's stunning" , "thanks for " and so on in this place .

It seems you think it's your place but there is millions of u2's fans around the world and we can think by our own. You always say bad things toward me and many others here but it seems the mods think it's ok. Please, just don't talk to me anymore! :|

Awww :sad:

You know what? Only if you stop coming here ONLY to stir up crap, because that's what you're doing.

Btw, I think this thread should be closed. The St. Barth holidays are over anyway, there's nothing to discuss here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom