Bono in St Barthelemy (04/20/10)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh boy. I believed it to be a rumor. But these pictures show that it's true.

In various articles, Swiss company MBT repeatedly claimed to be happy that Bono was among their customers. I always believed this was just some sort of publicity stunt, but as you can see he's indeed wearing a pair of MBTs. The model is called CASUAL and is from a past collection.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9186/mbtcasual.jpg

I guess nobody would call these classy, but maybe he's wearing them for health reasons…

^ cool finding!
i bet he's just wearing them for health stuff, I've never seen him wear those b4 :hmm:

Wow, I understand the need to :drool: at new Bono pictures..and I do that too :heart: but this analyzing and picking apart the B man and his every thread of clothing during a private moment is ....what's the right word? ....Borderline disrepectful and intrusive? I don't know why but I am feeling very protective of him lately. I know I know....you can say that about all the pictures here, but this was obviously a private moment..not for publicity or in a public place where he knew he was being photographed. THat's different.
Just like those paparazzi pictures of him on the boat with his family. It's intrusive...and makes me want to defend him and his private time, you know what I mean...but i love you guys anyway... :)
I am not trying to attack anyone... I understand the need to drool over new pictures...totally. But this one just doesn't sit right with me.

Totally understand your feelings, paparazzi shots are annoying in that way. They are always taken in a private moment. And yes , It often bothers me too.

I agree...in those pics it looked more of a "private time" and no one was around...kinda weird :| paparazzi seem annoying, these are the time when I'm glad I'm not famous...I'd be one of those people throwing rocks at the paparazzos :D:lol:

In various articles, Swiss company MBT repeatedly claimed to be happy that Bono was among their customers. I always believed this was just some sort of publicity stunt, but as you can see he's indeed wearing a pair of MBTs. The model is called CASUAL and is from a past collection.

I guess nobody would call these classy, but maybe he's wearing them for health reasons…

And the problem with that is ....?

The man can wear whatever he choses to. I don't think there's any reason for him to ask anyone what he should wear when walking around in private.

And the problem with that is ....?

The man can wear whatever he choses to. I don't think there's any reason for him to ask anyone what he should wear when walking around in private.

Uhm…pardon me!? There is no problem with it, whatsoever.

I was just taken aback by the fact that he is indeed wearing MBTs, having read about this quite often, but never actually seen a pic to prove it.

The man can put on whatever he wants. He always has. And he will always do. And that's why I like him so much!

I don't have to like the form-follows-function-design of those shoes, though, do I?

But for those who like it, I mentioned the make and the model....

Are we still friends?:hug:

OK, you sounded a little shocked in your posting.

I think we can disagree on fashion taste, that's normal, and Bono is indeed known for some fashion decisions that some people might consider to be pretty bad, but I'm almost sure Bono is wearing these shoes for health reasons (= for his back).

Is it just me or is this pic not showing??

Is it just me or is this pic not showing??

Not just you :) It isn't showing anymore for me too. It was earlier though and it was a picture of the shoe in question. Maybe AC can post another pic of it.

EDIT! :lol: WOW I type slow.

bella88 I don't see that hat yet at the ONE site. I did go look after these pics were posted! Maybe he has an early version of something coming soon, or maybe just something special for him :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom