Bono In London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2jesusgirl

Daisy
Dreaming Beneath the Desert Sky of Arizona
Bono, lead singer of Irish rock band U2, watches Arsenal play Manchester United in their English Premier League soccer match at Emirates Stadium in London November 8, 2008.

dl2.jpg

Why should someone be smiling all the time? I'm sure he wasn't even aware of being photographed. When I'm photographed without knowing, I'm mostly serious on pictures, because I usually don't run around with a grin on my face.
If you ask me, Bono looks serious and concentrated. I think he looks great, I love the jacket and the sleeves.

Maybe he was just plain bored. I've never read any interview by Bono in all these decades when he's ever said he's a fan of football, or any sport. I'm sure he's said that Lypton Village was a revolt against all the usual Irish stereotypes growing up, including an interest in sport. So I'm bemused he's actually there.

Maybe he was just plain bored. I've never read any interview by Bono in all these decades when he's ever said he's a fan of football, or any sport. I'm sure he's said that Lypton Village was a revolt against all the usual Irish stereotypes growing up, including an interest in sport. So I'm bemused he's actually there.

Good point - bit inconsistent. He did just buy a box at the Emirates Stadium though. Didn't that happen at the Music Trust thing? I heard he outbid Sir Philip Green?

Bono, lead singer of Irish rock band U2, watches Arsenal play Manchester United in their English Premier League soccer match at Emirates Stadium in London November 8, 2008.

dl2.jpg

I'd guess this photo may have been taken during the minute's silence, Remembrance for Armistice Day that we had before the game,hence his expression :hug:

Good point - bit inconsistent. He did just buy a box at the Emirates Stadium though. Didn't that happen at the Music Trust thing? I heard he outbid Sir Philip Green?

Yeah he did. If i'd have known i'd have taken my binoculars to find him :lol:

Be interesting to see if he attends more games.

rumours here say an "insider" said he wanted it for friends and family for when the boys play the Emirates Stadium next year :shrug:

Yeah he did. If i'd have known i'd have taken my binoculars to find him :lol:

Be interesting to see if he attends more games.

rumours here say an "insider" said he wanted it for friends and family for when the boys play the Emirates Stadium next year :shrug:

Thinking about it, that rumour isn't very well thought out. He paid £21,000 ,and boxes start from £65,000 for a season. I'd say it was just for yesterday's game :lol:

Looks like Bono got a private tour of Liverpool:

"SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY has given U2 rocker BONO a personal tour of his native Liverpool, England.
The former Beatles star collected the Ultimate Legend prize at the MTV Europe Music Awards on Thursday (06Nov08) from the Beautiful Day singer.
And to show his gratitude, MCCartney took Bono around his hometown, showing him the places that inspired the Fab Four's hits.
MCCartney says, "I love Liverpool. There is nothing like coming home."
And Bono admits it was something of a surreal experience because MCCartney is treated like royalty.
He jokes, "It was like being in the Popemobile with the Pope driving."

Poor guy - he can't go anywhere or do anything without having his picture taken.

I would LOVE to go back and relive Bono's trip to California, BF. It was one of the happiest moments of my life - for reasons a lot of people know. :sexywink:

Please let us know, Jamila--I would like to enjoy your experiences vicariously!
Thank you! :hug:

He does look pissed off at something.

He's probably quietly irritated that someone is taking his picture again!:lol: "Can't I even enjoy a day out without pap's around??":lol: Seriously, he is probably just concentrating...he is a deep thinker after all. He doesn't look pissed to me , just deep in thought. Anyway...it was a split second in time and he was probably laughing his head off in the next frame

Yes I'm sure Bono's deep in thought remembering those who lost their lives as i said earlier.

Bono's eyesight must be like a hawks as i know from where i sit in the same stadium,towards the front that i can't see into the executive boxes as they're fairly high up. The paps sit themselves behind the goals and as there's only 2 photo's i reckon the pap that took them was either purposely looking for Bono or found him by accident

Yes I'm sure Bono's deep in thought remembering those who lost their lives as i said earlier.

Bono's eyesight must be like a hawks as i know from where i sit in the same stadium,towards the front that i can't see into the executive boxes as they're fairly high up. The paps sit themselves behind the goals and as there's only 2 photo's i reckon the pap that took them was either purposely looking for Bono or found him by accident

Good point Wild. And as you were there, you had a first-hand view of everything. I agree it was probably during the silence. And who says that he has to be smiling 24/7?

He's probably quietly irritated that someone is taking his picture again!:lol: "Can't I even enjoy a day out without pap's around??":lol: Seriously, he is probably just concentrating...he is a deep thinker after all. He doesn't look pissed to me , just deep in thought. Anyway...it was a split second in time and he was probably laughing his head off in the next frame

'A deep thinker'.....yes....:yes:

Back
Top Bottom