Bono In London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe he was just plain bored. I've never read any interview by Bono in all these decades when he's ever said he's a fan of football, or any sport. I'm sure he's said that Lypton Village was a revolt against all the usual Irish stereotypes growing up, including an interest in sport. So I'm bemused he's actually there.

I have heard Bono is a Glasgow Celtic fan (Like MANY Irish ppl) and have heard him refer to them on a few occasions over the yrs. He was linked to a consortium about 10-12 yrs ago to take them over.

Bono, lead singer of Irish rock band U2, watches Arsenal play Manchester United in their English Premier League soccer match at Emirates Stadium in London November 8, 2008.

dl2.jpg

sweet baby jesus.

wow.

just

wow.

Good point - bit inconsistent. He did just buy a box at the Emirates Stadium though. Didn't that happen at the Music Trust thing? I heard he outbid Sir Philip Green?

I'm sure he has lots and lots of friends who like football though. I think just about everyone in Europe loves football...except maybe Bono!

Bono, lead singer of Irish rock band U2, watches Arsenal play Manchester United in their English Premier League soccer match at Emirates Stadium in London November 8, 2008.

dl2.jpg

He looks very futuristic/mad max/apocolyptic here. Interesting...

Back
Top Bottom