Bono in France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
robert_deniro-5.jpg

this is really weird :ohmy:

If I was on the one boat and saw Bono on the boat next to me I would have freaked.

Nice to see him looking so relaxed and enjoying himself before the tour stuff kicks in :drool:

Also purple seems to be his color :drool::drool::drool: Thanks for the pics!

Geeze, what a touchy crowd!! It is not like I am saying that your kids are ugly. I am just making a comment about Bono looking overweight and hardly fit to do a concert. Just look at those pictures and tell me I am wrong.
"If you don't like the way he looks, stay away from this thread or, even better, this forum". Please, grow up.

I have to agree with Last Unicorn.. I think ur just a tad disrespectful in your posts. Maybe they could of been worded better.. Be forewarned you are in PLEBA where the boys are highly worshipped so if you are going to be so negative it might be wise not to post here.

As far as Bono being chubby well that's what happens between tours for him, he gets to actually relax and enjoy himself a little with the insane schedule he keeps. The man loves his pasta...and some wine..:wink:

He always manages to get in shape for a tour so I for one am not worried. It's a little early for him to start working out for a tour that has yet to be announced or a album that isn't even released yet.

I was just kidding, people (although he still doesn't look fit). And if I wasn't: he doesn't need someone on a u2forum to defend him. It is not like you ever had dinner with him or been invited for his birthday. So please stop the "if you knew him like I know him" quotes because that is something that a thirteen year old Brittney Spears fan would do. So I haven't posted much the last years. So what. I love their music. I have (nearly) everything u2 has ever published. I am even a big "All that you can't leave behind" fan. And if you like that record you have to be a diehard. But Bono is not god. And Larry doesn't do autographs because he probably thinks you are silly. And good for him.

I was just kidding, people (although he still doesn't look fit). And if I wasn't: he doesn't need someone on a u2forum to defend him. It is not like you ever had dinner with him or been invited for his birthday. So please stop the "if you knew him like I know him" quotes because that is something that a thirteen year old Brittney Spears fan would do. So I haven't posted much the last years. So what. I love their music. I have (nearly) everything u2 has ever published. I am even a big "All that you can't leave behind" fan. And if you like that record you have to be a diehard. But Bono is not god. And Larry doesn't do autographs because he probably thinks you are silly. And good for him.

Granted you have ur opinion and we all have ours.. nothing wrong with that.

yes, I agree he doesn't look fit right now...as I already mentioned.. the guy is enjoying his summer and relaxing a bit so what's the big deal with how fit he has to be..:shrug:

look... i was just trying to give you a heads up but if you are going to be so defensive about it go right ahead. And who is being the immature one here. :scratch:

As far as what he eats.. this info comes from interviews he has done in the past as far as what I said.. And I never have used quotes of 'if you knew him like I know him' either..

Larry DOES do autographs! I got one... he might not enjoy crowds of people, but he does do autographs .... if you ask him nicely

Way to make friends and influence people, NOT! If you're trying to alienate us Plebans then you're going the right way about it, coz you'll find, if you spend more time here, that we don't that too kindly to unwarranted criticisms of our guys!! :tsk:

What's that you say, "Bono's not God"?! I beg to differ!! I personally worship the ground he walks on!!! :bow:

Oh and another thing, the idea of a "joke" is that other people, apart from good yourself, are suppose to find what you're saying funny, and I don't see any one else laughing, do you?!? :|

look... i was just trying to give you a heads up but if you are going to be so defensive about it go right ahead. And who is being the immature one here.

I wasn't responding to your post. I was responding to a post from Last Unicorn. Sorry if that came across wrong :reject:. I thought your first reply was rather nice.

Not to start an argument here, but I am going to defend the middle age folks. Including Bono.

It is natural for people to put on some weight as they approach forty. You will not burn calories, like you did when you were eighteen.

If fact, I am twenty five pounds "fuller" than I was at the above age. Pregnancy, menopause, will do that to women. I eat a very healthy diet, exercise everyday, swimming, walking, and hiking two mile trails, once a week with my son. And I am still in the healthy weight rage/BMI for a woman of my age and height. I was a skinny kid and so was Bono.

My point is, I think Bono looks wonderful for a forty eight year old man. He has good muscle tone from moderate exercise.

Great pics girls thanks for posting
Hi Helen
How are you?
love
Heather:wave:

Hi Heather! :wave: If you're taking to me....I'm on the better side of 40! :shh: How about you? :shifty:

And I totally agree with A stor I think Bono's a fine figure of a man for is age :love: and don't hold with all these comments of him being out of shape, or overweight or whatever!! :huh:

I was just kidding, people (although he still doesn't look fit). And if I wasn't: he doesn't need someone on a u2forum to defend him.

I have no comment on Bono's current looks, one way or the other (b/c I don't care one way or the other), but I still think your comment about women of a certain age was disrespectful and uncalled for. So he should leave his family at home because they don't look as good as Edge hanging out with younger celebs?

But Bono is not god. And Larry doesn't do autographs because he probably thinks you are silly. And good for him.

You're entitled to your opinion but statements like this are rude and childish.
It's not Bono vs. Larry here. And you're not inside Larry's head.

I hate it that we have this debate about Bono's appearance every summer as soon as he's starting to show more skin.

The man has a hell of a schedule almost 24/7 and he's on public display all the time ... even on his private holidays with family and friends. I wish there'd be no pictures at all on occassions like these, he needs to be left alone. He should enjoy life the way he wishes without people picking on his physical appearance. He's not doing a concert, he's not on stage, he's not Mr. Super-Rockstar right now, he's simply a father and husband, hanging out with his kids, family, friends. Do you think all other stars are looking trim and fit all the time, no matter what they do? I beg they don't. You just don't see their photographs. And let's not forget that Bono is in his late 40s, not 25 any more. This isn't his fault, it's just the way things are. I love him no matter what. I'm glad he's enjoying life and has some flesh on his bones.

Apparently you don't like Bono, so why do you come into a Bono thread? We have threads for every band member, including Larry and Edge. If you like them, come into the threads that are dedicated to them.

:hug:People, people, can we end this??? With posts and emails it's very difficult to "hear" someone's tone and can easily misinterpret what that person is trying to say. That being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but let's not be rude in conveying it. OK? This is our happy place, right?:hug:

Not to keep this argument going, but I would actually have to say that I don't think Bono does look overweight. I completely agree with last unicorn in that it would be fine if he was - as probably most people get on their holidays - but nearly everyone in this forum has noticed that bono has recently lost quite a bit of weight. T-shirts like this one (though I love the purple :drool: ) are not flattering on him, particularly because of his strong neck, etc. If you look at other recent photos, you can get a better picture of his fitness. Just sayin'...

gallery_enlarged-spl39368_002.jpg

^ I love this colour and I'm glad he's going back to wearing purple more often.

Last year or even more two years ago he was wearing mainly black, obviously to cover up the weight he had put on. Looking at these recent pictures it's clear he has lost some weight. We have seen many pictures of him in the last weeks where you can clearly see his face has gotten much thinner. He simply has a strong neck and it's obvious now because of his short hair. He still has a tummy, no problem with that, but it's not as much as it was two years ago after the tour ended. I'm fine with the way Bono looks and I'm sure he's starting to get into shape for the tour and album promotion. I've always thought that having a little flesh on the bones is better for the nerves, especially with a schedule like his, and he also seems to be singing better. :sexywink:

People, people, can we end this??? With posts and emails it's very difficult to "hear" someone's tone and can easily misinterpret what that person is trying to say. That being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but let's not be rude in conveying it. OK? This is our happy place, right?

I second that, but why people think that I don't like Bono when I only made a remark about his belly is beyond me. The Edge and Larry remarks were clearly made as a joke because I was under the impression that people in the PLEBA forum could deal with a light critical note here and there. My opinions or other people's opinions about his weight, hair or house are in fact totally irrelevant when compared to the music. If the next record is fantastic Bono can have the tummy of the great and late Pavarotti. I don't care. It is all about the music and the rest is just to keep people like you and me occupied.

Fair enough. To me it just seems pointless to join a forum just to make jokes about people and the company they keep. If you just want to discuss their music, there is another forum for that.

I second that, but why people think that I don't like Bono when I only made a remark about his belly is beyond me. The Edge and Larry remarks were clearly made as a joke because I was under the impression that people in the PLEBA forum could deal with a light critical note here and there. My opinions or other people's opinions about his weight, hair or house are in fact totally irrelevant when compared to the music. If the next record is fantastic Bono can have the tummy of the great and late Pavarotti. I don't care. It is all about the music and the rest is just to keep people like you and me occupied.

OK, then it was badly worded. Didn't sound like a joke to me but rather snotty. We enjoy some light hearted discussion of the boys with mocking and playfulness, but some of your comments came across a little rude. And critisism is fine, as long as it doesn't degrade or insult people. Yes, that is INCLUDING Bono or any other band member, even if it's unlikely they're reading this here. People here have a lot of love and respect for the band and the individual members, it's actually not funny to simply pop up here and make snide remarks about the way they look like. If it's okay to attack Bono on a U2 forum, than it's also okay to defend him.

Btw, EYKIW and the album forum are a great place for controversial opinion and critical approach to the band's music and carreer.

:rolleyes: Here we go again.

Bono is fourty eight years old and short. He's always been slightly stocky. Even when he was 20 years old and wore skintight turtlenecks and leather pants he was hardly rail-thin and super fit. None of us claim to know Bono personally, but we do follow his comings and goings, and upon observation of photos over the years, we can claim to know a thing or two about his weight. Bono's weight is just fine for a man of his height and build. He's actually thinner right now than he has been in at least the last three years. Certainly thinner than he was during most of the Vertigo tour, so saying that he's not fit to do a concert is ridiculous. Also, don't forget that he's nearly 50. Wrinkles and loss of muscle tone due to age tends to make people (especially men) look a bit chubbier than they actually are when they're middle-aged. Give him a break, he's not 25 anymore.

As for your comments about Bono being seen on a boat with an older woman... that is extremely rude. Just because he's a rock star doesn't mean that he's not human. He's on vacation, and he's spending it with his family. Shocking! I mean, what do you expect, would you rather have him traipsing around with bimbos and supermodels, just to uphold his 'reputation' as an ultra cool and suave rock star?

I wouldn't want that. I think it's admirable of him that he's still able, despite his fame, to act human and be a family man and spend time with his kids and wife and mother-in-law, looking and acting just like any normal dad.

He may be some mega rock god to us. But to his family, he's just himself.

Bono is fourty eight years old and short. He's always been slightly stocky. Even when he was 20 years old and wore skintight turtlenecks and leather pants he was hardly rail-thin and super fit. None of us claim to know Bono personally, but we do follow his comings and goings, and upon observation of photos over the years, we can claim to know a thing or two about his weight. Bono's weight is just fine for a man of his height and build. He's actually thinner right now than he has been in at least the last three years. Certainly thinner than he was during most of the Vertigo tour, so saying that he's not fit to do a concert is ridiculous. Also, don't forget that he's nearly 50. Wrinkles and loss of muscle tone due to age tends to make people (especially men) look a bit chubbier than they actually are when they're middle-aged. Give him a break, he's not 25 anymore.

I agree :yes:

All i have to add is that i saw Bono a couple of weeks ago and he does look slimmer than when i saw him up close on The Vertigo Tour IMO :drool:

As for your comments about Bono being seen on a boat with an older woman... that is extremely rude. Just because he's a rock star doesn't mean that he's not human. He's on vacation, and he's spending it with his family. Shocking! I mean, what do you expect, would you rather have him traipsing around with bimbos and supermodels, just to uphold his 'reputation' as an ultra cool and suave rock star?

I wouldn't want that. I think it's admirable of him that he's still able, despite his fame, to act human and be a family man and spend time with his kids and wife and mother-in-law, looking and acting just like any normal dad.

He may be some mega rock god to us. But to his family, he's just himself.

:up:Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom