Bono impersonator at the 2010 Namm Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is THAT GUY, I will say that this is the most he's ever looked like Bono.

(at least he finally cut his hair. :shifty: )

His name is Pavel. I heard he's a nice person. I've not met him myself.

:|

| Welcome to the Website of Pavel Sfera, the leading Bono Impersonator |

That guy that was at NAMM really does look like P,

*he might have gotten surgery*

What makes me mad is that he doesn't tell people he is not the real Bono. he just goes on living a fake life and of course you see all these pics of people who think they met a real rockstar.

@ the RoseBowl this guy was telling a story about when he met Bono it was a nice story, then he shows me the picture he took with "Bono" and I immediately kew it was NOT Bono! * he was so proud of his picture I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was "The Impersonator/Imposter" :(

@ the RoseBowl this guy was telling a story about when he met Bono it was a nice story, then he shows me the picture he took with "Bono" and I immediately kew it was NOT Bono! * he was so proud of his picture I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was "The Impersonator/Imposter" :(

:(

That's why I can't stand that guy. :yuck:

I kinda feel sorry for 'normal' non-interference type civillians who get suckered into believing impersoniators....:doh:

I knew this guy who worked in a local, late night sandwich place, and he regaled me with of this story of how Bono, showed up for a sandwich. Granted--it was a night when U2 were in town--but also that night Elevation USA had played--so I'm pretty sure it was Dan.

But then again...Bono looks like he'd enjoy a Panini sandwich:hmm:

I'd be so worried if I ever met Bono on the street, that it was one of these guys. I don't know that I could really tell :shrug: I'd like to think I could but if you were really excited...? I mean I guess I'm not a BonoGirl so maybe that has something to do with it. I also wonder if I'd ever recognize a celebrity with glasses or a baseball hat on. I suppose I'm easily tricked. I feel like LMJ could walk right past me on OConnel St. (sp?) and if he was wearing a baseball hat, I'd never know it was him. :reject:

If it's THAT guy that I think has been discussed again and again, it's definitely him.

I think so too, because that guy has fooled people at that Namm show in past years too. And the question of whether he is a nice guy or not has no value to me, because as someone who deliberately fools people... no, sorry, that is not a "nice guy", no matter what, end of story.

I have a pic with this guy :giggle: ... Last year I went with some friends to see an U2 tribute band and he was the singer... I remember walking in the street in Zaragoza before the show and meeting him... I thought, "hey, there goes Bono"... of course I knew it was Pavel not Bono, but it was actually funny to see him... :lol:

After the show he went around the place talking to everybody and taking pictures... In my case, I really preferred the Edge impersonator... :lol:

I have a pic with this guy :giggle: ... Last year I went with some friends to see an U2 tribute band and he was the singer... I remember walking in the street in Zaragoza before the show and meeting him... I thought, "hey, there goes Bono"... of course I knew it was Pavel not Bono, but it was actually funny to see him... :lol:

After the show he went around the place talking to everybody and taking pictures... In my case, I really preferred the Edge impersonator... :lol:

Well, now that sort of situation is totally acceptable, when everyone knows that the person is just an impersonator.

But what gets my goat is when this same person then just shows up as these different events or some restaurant/pub whatever in total 'Bono mode' with the sole purpose of fooling people into believing he's the real thing! And obviously getting off on all the attention and adoration that goes with being Bono!!

And I agree with Cathleen, anyone who goes around doing what he does, is not my interpretation of a "nice person" ! :huh: Ego maniac yes, nice person NO! :|

Well now that I know its him, I think we wasted our breath enough lol. Even though we may not agree with what he does, it's not my intention to bash him and I dont want it to come across that way.

My friend ended up getting back to me and was shocked to find out it wasnt Bono, but wasnt too upset since he isnt a huge fan or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom