Bono... fishing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

feedthetree

The Fly
I just heard from a friend who owns a yacht in Key West, something called Kings something (forgot sorry) and said on April 17, 2012 Bono has rented his yacht for an annual fishing tournament. Now I know Bono likes boats and boating but does anyone here know if Bono is an avid fisherman? Does this story have any credibility?

I've never heard any report of him fishing, so if this thing was annual, we'd have known. Sounds like bull to me.

Besides, april is mating season for lots of fish, bad time to go fishing. Best wait till after May.

Bono once said in an interview that he was asked by some US politician if he does fishing because fishing seems to be a cliché in regards to Irish people, and he said no he doesn't. I honestly don't see him do that.

Guys , the only one smart enough to rent a boat under bono's name.....

Duh
Its pavel :wink:

BonofishheadsMACRO.jpg

I so wanted to post that one! You beat me... Hence this solution! Can't come with empty hands do ya ?

fishcanfly-500x371.jpg

Fishing requires sitting still and being quiet -- two things that Bono is not good at.

I don't think Bono has a yacht. Edge does, though. There were a bunch of news articles a couple of years ago claiming Bono bought an expensive yacht, and then there was one quoting Edge where he said the yacht is his and that "Bono knows nothing about boats!" or something like that.

Fishing requires sitting still and being quiet -- two things that Bono is not good at.

:laugh: That's true!

:lmao:

I just heard from a friend who owns a yacht in Key West, something called Kings something (forgot sorry) and said on April 17, 2012 Bono has rented his yacht for an annual fishing tournament. Now I know Bono likes boats and boating but does anyone here know if Bono is an avid fisherman? Does this story have any credibility?

Uh, are we missing a year in the life here?

Not this last April handlotion, this coming April...

I had to argue because I've heard this claim before of a story on Bono fishing in some remote island. And that he will be in Key West for fishing this coming April. I laughed then the guy said he was serious, and I said, "No Bono doesn't fish." And him and a few friends of his got defensive and said, "how do YOU know he DOESN'T?" I stood up to proceed to tell them my lifelong U2 history- balh blaha blaha... In the end, I was outcasted with a dunce cap and looked at like I was psycho. I still muttered, "Bono does NOT fish."

AND to the ladies funny responses, thank you, you made me laugh :love:

I don't think Bono has a yacht. Edge does, though. There were a bunch of news articles a couple of years ago claiming Bono bought an expensive yacht, and then there was one quoting Edge where he said the yacht is his and that "Bono knows nothing about boats!" or something like that.

:laugh: That's true!

:lmao:

We've had quite a few stories over the years about Bono renting boats and forgetting to return them in time. :wink: So I think it's safe to say that he doesn't own one.

I hope Edge doesn't lend him his, or he might never see that one again either. :lol:

Just because he's holding a fish doesn't prove that he's the person who actually caught it.

Back
Top Bottom