Bono Cutler & Gross 0276 Sunglasses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

naycookeu2

War Child
Anyone have some good picture of Bono wearing Cutler & Gross 0276 Sunglasses?

These are the ones he wears in the video to 'Even Better Than The Real Thing', and one of the versions of 'One'. He also worn them off-stage during the Zoo TV era.

Thanks

16070-1261749384-size3.jpg

Here you are.

1-49302-size3.jpg

and the red one's .

1-55183-size3.jpg

Andreia Some of those are not Cutler a& Gross shades, but I'm not objecting.:shifty:..

They are a bit hard to differ sometime's don't feel bad :hug:
Just trying to help.

Did he ever wear that red Fly suit any time other than that dress rehearsal?

Probably a good thing if not :reject:

Did he ever wear that red Fly suit any time other than that dress rehearsal?

Probably a good thing if not :reject:

I think that one rehearsal was the only time.

I don't remember seeing him wear it at any of the shows I went to on the ZOOTV (US/Spring 1992), Outside Broadcast (US/Fall 1992) or outside Zooropa shows (Europe/Summer 1993).

I think the red is fine. Cool for a change. Wouldn't have been bad if he wored it a few other times. But I can agree that the black is the better and fits "The Fly" theme better.

I think this was the original idea for MacPhisto.

But don't quote me.

Sorry, I quoted you. :D A red MacPhisto would have been really interesting, though. . . but I'm glad he went with gold.

I think this was the original idea for MacPhisto.

But don't quote me.

I don't think that is correct.

Macphisto didn't happen until 1993 for Zooropa tour.

The red Fly was tried out in fall of 1992 as a 'new' idea for the Outside Broadcast. I"m pretty sure it was only tried out at the Hershey dress rehearsal.

In the end, they didn't use the red Fly and stuck with the black Fly.

Bono felt that the Mirrorball Man / Televangelist didn't translate as well to UK/European audiences, even though he did use that character for the Summer 1992 Zoo TV shows.

When it came time for Zooropa, Bono was keen to find a better alternative that fit better to Europe, especially with what was happening politically in Europe at the time.

Back
Top Bottom