Bono @ Cannes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool. I figured Bono would go there when I heard this morning that the Cannes film festival was starting today. He always shows up there. Glad he made it there safely. He looks really good, love the way his hair is looking. Hope he keeps it that way. It's probably warmer there than it's been in New York. :lol:

With the volcano issues I didn't think they'd take the chance of getting stuck in Europe right before the tour is set to start.

With the volcano issues I didn't think they'd take the chance of getting stuck in Europe right before the tour is set to start.

Well, even though the Eyjafjallajoekull volcano in Iceland is still active but the ash cloud at the moment has dissipated over Europe, i.e. some days are better than others! :wink:

But I'm just hoping that the volcanic ash cloud doesn't disrupt U2s tour of Europe this summer! :uhoh:

And thanks Chazman for your lovely humongous pics! :wave:

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm surprised they took that risk, especially considering that the tour starts in a few weeks. I was kind of convinced Bono wouldn't show up at Cannes this year. Nothing seems to be too stressful for that man.

Volcano's can be active for over 2 years when awake. They are playing it smart :lol:

Plus with their private jets they can probably program some flight plans that can zig-zag around the ash better than us poor blokes with direct flights :)

Well, even though the Eyjafjallajoekull volcano in Iceland is still active but the ash cloud at the moment has dissipated over Europe, i.e. some days are better than others! :wink:

But I'm just hoping that the volcanic ash cloud doesn't disrupt U2s tour of Europe this summer! :uhoh:

Here in Spain there has been several airports closed this week... In fact, I'm going on holidays to the south of Spain (I live in the north) in 10 days and I'm traveling by train...

Anyway... so nice to see them... they look fantastic...

Thank you for the pics...

a few more

CANNES1.jpg

CANNES2.jpg

CANNES3.jpg

Thanks for the pics Chasman!!:wave:

Wheather has been bad for most parts of Europe for a while now, except the eastern parts. Cannes has suffered from heavy rain showers and floods. They just cleaned up the beaches in time for the film festival to start.

Good to see Bono enjoying some time with his mates, probably celebrating his birthday :up:

A couple of years ago, my cousin (Who is an independent filmaker) had one of his films selected for Cannes, while there... U2 performed and they took a picture from the performance. I'll try to scan it and post it here later.
:)

As always, I love your ginormous pics, chazman, thanks! And thanks for the yacht ones, BF1. Bono! Edge! Gavin! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom