Bono @ Cannes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yachts can be so boring.

THE_EDGE5-13-2010.jpg

THE_EDGE5-13-20102.jpg

Gavin keeping a close eye on Edge or the bloody pap I mean pavarotti

"As for Bono (yes, he’s left Toronto for Cannes), he seems to be pacing himself. He has yet to join the frenzy of the festival, preferring instead to lounge around on a luxury yacht nearby until the weekend, at which point he’s expected to light up the Croisette for a Haiti fundraiser with Wyclef Jean."

Lainey on the red carpet - The Globe and Mail

Today (5/12)

I'm quite glad about the yacht pictures because Bono doesn't look too good or happy in these photos. He looks more like he's in pain. I don't want to start any rumours but there's talk on the German U2 board that he was flown in from Germany where he had treatment for his bad back. Someone is saying that Bono was seen on the Munich airport and that he looked very much in pain and could hardly walk on his own. Not really good news so close to the tour start. That would also explain the serious face on his birthday - apart from the fact that they went to a memorial service.

I'm quite glad about the yacht pictures because Bono doesn't look too good or happy in these photos. He looks more like he's in pain. I don't want to start any rumours but there's talk on the German U2 board that he was flown in from Germany where he had treatment for his bad back. Someone is saying that Bono was seen on the Munich airport and that he looked very much in pain and could hardly walk on his own. Not really good news so close to the tour start. That would also explain the serious face on his birthday - apart from the fact that they went to a memorial service.

Wow, really!? :ohmy: I hope so too that this is just an unfounded rumour, but if not and it's true, let's hope he got the treatment he needed and that he'll be able to perform pain free!! :therethere:

If any of this is true, I hope Bono is feeling well and healthy now without any pain..
If not, Get well soon B-man! :hug::sad:

Aaw :( hope he's okay!

If he's hurt I wish him the best....but seriously, if you are not aware of being photographed or posing for every photo, it's incredibly easy to appear in pain or angry or sad or anything. I get photographed and videotaped every weekend while training dogs, because at my angle directly behind the dog I can't always see what I need to see to know if we are making progress, so I have several people photograph and video. Most of the time the expressions on my face range from looking like I'm on cloud 9 to about ready to blow a fuse. We even have a running prank going where we take pictures of each other when not paying attention and see who can get the funniest face.

You can't diagnose someone in a picture that represents 1 millisecond second of their life.
People as stated above ,
ITS JUST A RUMOUR

I also hope it's just a rumour, but some fans say he has been seen in Munich several times because he's obviously in treatment at a German doctor, who's also the doctor of the Munich football team and he's treated Bono before, during the Vertigo tour to be exact. I really don't know how much of the story is true but I sure hope he's fine. He's been having troubles with his back for many years now and he's not getting younger, but under a lot of stress.

On the other hand: The guy who spread the rumour also said his sources are telling him that Bono had a flight to Paris which we know is bs because he was flown in to Nizza/Cannes. Plus it's coming from a board that's known for major drama :)

Lets just hope he stays healthy enough so he can enjoy touring and life,
thanks for clearing this up LU:up:

I also hope it's just a rumour, but some fans say he has been seen in Munich several times because he's obviously in treatment at a German doctor, who's also the doctor of the Munich football team and he's treated Bono before, during the Vertigo tour to be exact. I really don't know how much of the story is true but I sure hope he's fine. He's been having troubles with his back for many years now and he's not getting younger, but under a lot of stress.

On the other hand: The guy who spread the rumour also said his sources are telling him that Bono had a flight to Paris which we know is bs because he was flown in to Nizza/Cannes. Plus it's coming from a board that's known for major drama :)

Lol- I didn't know that the board is known for major drama ;) (guess there are worse boards...)
But you are right- it's just a rumor...
Nevertheless, the doc has also treated LARRY for his back problems and he is even mentioned in the "thank you section" of U2 by U2. (under: Larry would like to thank: "Dr Muller Wolfhart") So it's a fact that U2 are in contact with a doctor in Munich...
well, but I guess we won't know for sure if Bono was really in Munich this week, anytime soon! :scratch:

Isn't that the same doc that has treated Bono when he had severe back problems during the Vertigo tour?

Still it seems strange to me that Bono would travel to Munich only to see a certain doctor. He can afford any doc he wants to, in the US or in Ireland or wherever he's spending most of his time. Traveling to Germany only for a doc appointment seems more stress than anything else. But let's not speculate about Bono's personal and health issues while indeed we know nothing about the whole issue. I just hope he's fine and takes care.

And yes, the German forum isn't the only board known for major drama. There's a certain blue one as well that can be even worse at times :wink:

Norman Hewson was present with your brother Bono, and your friends Guggi, Gavin and The Edge...

I read in U2 Miracle web site... :D

After checked in pictures and I saw same...:up:

Back
Top Bottom