Bono & Edge on American Idol: Rise Above

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dig them very much actually, but they are appropriate for what I'm going trough right now.
:up: So I guess that why I like the song. I think the intro is awesome as well.
Piano/stringish part

I don't really dig the lyrics, actually.. :(

you have to take into consideration that it was written as part of the storyline of a Broadway play, not a U2 song. So I'm sure it fits in within the context of what's going on around the characters at that particular time in the play that it's sung. I've seen a lot of people in various places say they don't like the song and/or the lyrics but it's not a U2 song; it was written and performed by half of U2 for a play. I think it's cool that the sound of U2 is in a Broadway play. I would love to be able to go to NY to see it but I don't think that's in the cards for me, unless this becomes a hit and has a long run.

Why is the song $1.29? Am I just out of it or aren't singles on itunes $.99? :|
I don't really plan on seeing the musical unless for some reason I am in NYC and it's playing. Or if it's a huge success and ends up as a touring production. Spiderman flying down over the crowd on AI was pretty cool.

I think some songs still are? I know there was a price increase a year or more ago, but I don't remember if it was across the board, or just for some songs.

I thought all songs are $1.29 now (but I could be wrong). But the quality went up (they went up to 256 kbps) and the files are no longer locked, in other words anything you purchase now can be shared with other computers, whereas before they could not.

The album is on iTunes for pre-order and preview. Sounds like Boy Falls From the Sky had a few lyric changes from the debut it had in Portugal. I'm not in love with everything I heard - but that happens in every musical. I could live without Officer Krupke in West Side Story. I can't wait to hear full versions of these songs. I wonder if it will change again. I know Ragtime had 2 original soundtracks because they changed the show from the opening in the West End to Broadway.

Okay, taking my musical geek hat off.

I like bullying by numbers, Rise Above and BFFTS, thats it pretty muchm the rest of the musical music didn't stick in my mind just yet.

I didn't see Bullying By Numbers on the track listing. I wonder if it got cut. Some of it was very U2 sounding and some was definitely not, which I think is a good thing. I liked the ballads.

I didn't see Bullying By Numbers on the track listing. I wonder if it got cut. Some of it was very U2 sounding and some was definitely not, which I think is a good thing. I liked the ballads.

I heard some vague blabla about them wanting to ditch that whole fight scene.
But I was hoping that they wouldn't cut the song at the least.:hmm:
Hope they didn't.

Finally got to see the finale of American Idol last night and I love the song! And Bono looks soooooo hot!! :drool: And the young man, whatshhisname (LOL) managed to keep up with Bono, very impressive!! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom