Bono & Ali @ the Mets Gala May 4 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Recently absolutely neck work. So what! Maybe some peel action too! Big deal. She's gotten ready for the tour as much as Bono. She's still an amazing talented awesome woman. Some people need to get their hero worship under control. Why wouldn't you be as attractive as you can be?

Flame away.

Calm down Scarletwine - it's an observation.

Hey if I had that much cash you bet I'd have "work done" and it would not be "minor tweaking" either, lol! Take some of my midriff and add it to my butt or chest please!

I was watching an episode of What Not To Wear and the person on there had shoes like Bono's and they said it was a fashion no no. When I saw the shoes, Bono was the first thing that popped into my head

LOL! but seriously peeps don't knock the creepers until you try them! THEY ARE VERY COMFORTABLE!!-these shoes are not for everyone I know but I LOVE 3 pairs, and I wear them a lot with jeans and such plus it gives me height!! :wink:

I don't really watch tht show, I just did that day because there was nothing else on. I don't like those people who say you shouldn't wear this or that. My opinion is that people should wear what they want if it makes them comfortable. I don't care about other people's opinion's on my clothes

42-22277465.jpg

Moob! :hyper:

Wow they both look seriously stunning.
I love what Ali has done with her hair - slightly longer and some layers, it really suits her.
And the make up and the dress and the heels :heart:

oh and her husband looks good too :wink:

I'm sorry but IMO, there is no way Ali has had any kind of plastic surgery. She is not that kind of person, meaning she doesn't strike me as the kind of person who makes her looks a priority obsession resulting in the need for surgery. When we get snap shots of her now and then she is more natural without so much makeup and now when she happens to have more make up on for a formal event, there is speculation that she has had work done. Come on, that's lame people.:|:huh:

You are seriously naive. I met her in person on the last tour and she's definetly had some work done. What kind of person do you mean? She has a seriously hot husband that millions think the same. Why is taking advantage of science deemed to be a character fault. Grow up.

You are seriously naive. I met her in person on the last tour and she's definetly had some work done. What kind of person do you mean? She has a seriously hot husband that millions think the same. Why is taking advantage of science deemed to be a character fault. Grow up.

I think it's a pretty sad commentary on our society that if a woman looks after herself and looks good for her age it's automatically assumed that she must have had work done. I have many friends Ali's age (or older) who also look years younger. What do they all have in common? They tend to be smaller women (in frame), they've kept fit for all of their adult lives, they take care of their skin, they eat right. They haven't had to have neck lifts to keep a clean jaw line and drooping skin at bey- because they've maintained a relatively consistent weight there isn't as much excess skin and it'll probably be a good ten years or so before it becomes any concern. If you look at pictures of Ali throughout the years her neck/jawline are pretty consistent-- no real sagging and no dramatic tucks.

Has she had work done? I don't know. I would guess few do except for herself. From what I know of her, she seems a practical enough sort of person, so I wouldn't think it's out of the realm of imagination- perhaps she would view minor work like regular skin treatments, which she of course does.

But to be honest, I, too, have met her in person, and I certainly didn't get the feeling that she's 'definitely' had procedures. In person she looks like a beautiful woman who has aged well. It's not an accident, I think, that these conversations always come up when there are pictures of her from 'events'- of course she doesn't look natural. She's heavily made up, hair straightened, etc. But look at photos from the recent St Barth's threads- when she's just with her family, that air-brushed quality disappears. If she's had surgery, it certainly hasn't been in the obvious places- her upper arms, for example, which look 'normal' for a fit woman of her age- certainly not lipo'd. So maybe it's not that people are naive, but more that they don't buy into the lie that looking good naturally ends after A Certain Age and after that you should just stop trying (or consider surgery!).

I saw her in person too at an Edun event and spent quite a while around her, she is a very lovely sweet lady and she does have natural wrinkles around the mouth and eyes but not majorly where you can totally see it from a few feet away.
It does not look to me like she had anything done at all! she looks younger than her age but certainly not 20 something.
Like someone here mentioned she has her own skin care line and whatever she is using works very well (too bad I cannot afford it).
The thing is Scarletwine that YOU SOUND SO SURE that she did have something done, if you feel that way you should ask her in person when you meet her again and clear all this up ;)

Leave the poor woman alone! Just because she's beautiful and 48 means she was tweeked, com'on! :down:

Thank you, Jeanne - I completely agree with you about Ali. Now if we could only get people from attacking her husband unfairly, especially around his birthday. :applaud:

It just comes down to jealousy, envy, and people who are not happy with their lives seeing people who have become rich & famous in the media

and yet remain normal & happy people simply out to make a positive difference in our world.:up:

This makes others whose lives are inwardly miserable, angry at the Hewsons so they come out with such unfair & cruel potshots that we continue to see in the media launched against Bono,and increasingly, Ali!

Personally, I don't stand for it anymore and will openly challenge anyone who wants to take a cheap shot at these two people because ultimately what happens is when their characters are attacked, the negative effects often are felt most by the organizations & people that they are trying to help around the world - and I can't live with that possible outcome.

As for "tweeking", I have met Ali several times in my life and all I have been able to see is the brilliant smile on her face & the graciousness in her demeanor....I have observed no signs of "tweeking:.

Bono & Ali :hug:

Believe what you want to believe, but there's no need to be rude to other people here. :eyebrow:

I think it's disrespectful towards Ali to dissect every single body part of her, it makes me feel uncomfortable. If this is how we deal with all current pictures of her I'd rather not see these pictures. This speculation is ridiculous and it is her private and personal thing to do whatever she wants to do with her body.

Hey Scarletwine I just saw your post. If you were referring to my post with your comment above :

My post:
"I'm sorry but IMO, there is no way Ali has had any kind of plastic surgery. She is not that kind of person, meaning she doesn't strike me as the kind of person who makes her looks a priority obsession resulting in the need for surgery. When we get snap shots of her now and then she is more natural without so much makeup and now when she happens to have more make up on for a formal event, there is speculation that she has had work done. Come on, that's lame people."

Please re-read it. Respectfully, there is a big difference in my verbage and yours. You seem to be implying emphatically something which you have no proof of, whereas I have stated clearly that this is my opinion....that Ali seems to me to be the type of person that would not do this, she is a natural beauty, and seems content with her appearance.

Thanks LU for defending me!:hug:

Peace out peeps! :)

This has turned into a seriously ridiculous discussion! The woman looks gorgeous...period...and by all accounts she's gorgeous inside too. What else matters?

Ok- for to quit the subject:
then:
0000356902-02884L.jpg

now:
ali-hewson4.jpg

then:
Ali_Hewson_Y_bono.jpg

now:
img_founder.jpg

then:
rasher2.jpg

now:
AliByHelenaChristensen1.jpg

then:
xinsrc_3407012810224351549124.jpg

now:
_610x.jpg

then:
2184.jpg

now:
ali-hewson3.jpg

then:
0000266483-22630L.jpg

now:
bono-auktion2.jpg

Fren---you should consider a career in law...

it's a pretty compelling case....

I don't see how any of this is disrespectful, or why it even matters if she's had any work done (or not). Or why it would be make her any less of a 'good' person if she gets skin treatments, or botox or fillers? Sometimes this place puts everyone on too high of a pedistal.

Ok, I am trying to see the difference you are talking about from then to now, and I don't see it. I have no agenda either way, it makes no difference to me so I have no reason to doubt or care, but in your THEN photos she is not wearing makeup, and in your NOW pics she is. And even then I can't see any signs of surgery... what are we supposed to be seeing anyways? :huh:
Remember makeup can make a huge difference so you picked poor comparison photos that can't be compared.

Back
Top Bottom