Bono & Ali @ Salma Hayek's wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just read in People Mag about Salma's wedding and came immediately here to see if there were any pics of Bono in a mask!!!:lol: great minds think alike!!:D

I must say, too, Javier looks pretty damn hot:drool:

and Bono's face in this picture is just hilarious...it is like he is saying "I ain't wearing any flipping mask!!!":lol::lol::lol:

25042009Venezia-5.jpg

I don't really like Ali's dress either but I don't like anything in this thread or much of anything that she ever wears (except her jackets I LOVE her jackets!). Doesn't mean I don't like her or that it doesn't look smashing and beautiful on her, I just don't like it for myself. I'm not really into clothes or fashion though. I don't wear things that look "difficult" to wear, lol. I have a pretty high standard for comfort and flexibility (literally)!

Me too. I used to like the more unsual/ hippish type of cloaths she used to wear but this just looks too conservative for my liking. I always love her shoes and bags though. I agree with Liesje about this dress looking too difficult to wear. The upper part of the dress will go against my personal desire for comfort and being able to move without restrictions, if that makes any sense. For an occasion like this I'd chose a plain black but comfortable black dress.

^ I'm pretty sure it is.

It doesn't look complicated at all. A wedding is not a sports event where you have to run around, doing aerobics.

I didn't mean THIS dress is complicated, but in general I am not one to "dress up". For example, wearing very high heels just to visit some shops or grab coffee, or have a gazillion layers on with a big bag, jacket, scarves, etc. Just too much for me to think about! I can't wear any of the lower cut stuff she has b/c I have no chest, that stuff literally hangs open on me. It looks great on her, but that's not how I dress, nor could I even afford to pull it off. If I could have any of her clothes it would be her long jackets, but that's a practical thing for me since we're in a winter wasteland 6 months of the year.

I like Ali's dress on her but I like Penelope's better overall. But Penelope is always wearing way too much makeup! She should have Ali do her makeup.

Hi, I met Bono in Dublin a couple of years ago, and he was dressed up in all in his black, looking absolutely divine...he looked like a sharp dressed man..only sad thing is, I was too excited and forgot to smell his aftershave, apparently he smells great...ah well...next time huh...

I wonder if that is an Edun dress

I'm pretty sure its made by Alexander McQueen. I posted a picture on page 5 of a similar dress of his. I dont doubt that he wouldn't make her a dress just for this occassion. If it was Edun, then they are copycats!!! :) just kidding!!!!!

Sorry, I'm kinda of a fashion buff. I used to design clothes, so I unfortunately keep up with the new collections and estintially memorize them. I can pick out a Matthew Williamson dress in a sea of people! Not always a good trick!

I like Ali's dress on her but I like Penelope's better overall. But Penelope is always wearing way too much makeup! She should have Ali do her makeup.

That's right, it's a shame, because Penelope is really beautiful. She's in the new Mango campaign, and I love Mango clothes, though they are a little expensive, I just bought a Mango dress some weeks ago. Now, Penelope's dress looks "complicated" to me, simply because I'd be afraid it would slide down and reveal too much :lol: The light blue isn't a color I would wear, but looks nice on her, she has beautiful skin.

I'm pretty sure its made by Alexander McQueen. I posted a picture on page 5 of a similar dress of his. I dont doubt that he wouldn't make her a dress just for this occassion. If it was Edun, then they are copycats!!! :) just kidding!!!!!

Oh yes, thanks for clearing this up, I forgot. So it's not Edun. Pretty, anyway.

Yeah I wouldn't wear it either but if I did it would look better on me than Ali's. I have broad shoulders and a small chest, so I need a more unique neckline like Penelope's dress, a halter, or something more than just straight across or a simple V-neck. The shape of Ali's dress would not do anything for my body, I already look like a box.

That's right, it's a shame, because Penelope is really beautiful. She's in the new Mango campaign, and I love Mango clothes, though they are a little expensive, I just bought a Mango dress some weeks ago. Now, Penelope's dress looks "complicated" to me, simply because I'd be afraid it would slide down and reveal too much :lol: The light blue isn't a color I would wear, but looks nice on her, she has beautiful skin.

oh really? I hate Mango. I can't even go in a Mango shop. None of their clothes really suits me...even their t-shirts look kinda asymmetric on me( I don't know how to describe how awful it looks on me :lol:)

Weird about Penelope wearing too much make up! I don't see that she is she is wearing as much as Ali, it is just that Pene has bigger eyes and if she lines them they look more intense (I know because I have eyes as big as hers *see profile pic* and when I wear eyeliner they look more intense (nevermind when I add eyeshadow to them-which I LOVE!*) other than that her blush and lipstick is subtle. They both choose colors to compliment their skin color Pene=oliveskin and Ali=light/ivory.

I wear makeup like that unless I'm going out or special event I glamourize with very intense eyes and bee sting lips!

I mentioned this before, ALi and Pene are 2 beautiful but very different women :)

Weird about Penelope wearing too much make up! I don't see that she is she is wearing as much as Ali, it is just that Pene has bigger eyes and if she lines them they look more intense (I know because I have eyes as big as hers *see profile pic* and when I wear eyeliner they look more intense (nevermind when I add eyeshadow to them-which I LOVE!*) other than that her blush and lipstick is subtle. They both choose colors to compliment their skin color Pene=oliveskin and Ali=light/ivory.

I wear makeup like that unless I'm going out or special event I glamourize with very intense eyes and bee sting lips!

I mentioned this before, ALi and Pene are 2 beautiful but very different women :)

I was looking at this pic
wed3.jpg

But in the others you're right, it's not too bad. In that one pic it looks pretty dark/heavy and is distracting, but it's probably the light. Not bad, just a little much for the occasion, IMO.

Seeing that pic I really like Penelope's dress too. Not that I could ever wear that.

I'm glad people have stopped bashing Penelope in this thread just because of a few headlines a 2 years ago. Isn't Bono allowed to have friends of the opposite sex? I don't think she is skinny compared to many other Hollywood women and no her boobs aren't hanging out of her dress. She is covered up. I prefer her dress to Ali's. Besides I'm not sure whether we should be discussing these photo's because I noticed one snap where Bono looked annoyed that the press were there. Maybe we're snooping too much into their personal life.

Back
Top Bottom