Apple Event - Album Release - Songs of Innocence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good to have a place just for new photos relating to the new album. :D

songsofinnocence1.jpg~original

songsofinnocence2.jpg~original

songsofinnocence3.jpg~original

soibono.jpg~original

soiedge.png~original

soilarry.png~original

soiadam.png~original

I don't know for sure where these images came from or if they are related to the album or not. Bono in that vest... :hmm:

Aha edit! They are from the digital booklet with the album. :D

screenshots made by a shitty iphone ;-) To fit the occasion.

Does someone have a link to the Apple event video in a good quality? I cannot watch it on the Apple website and I only found not so great videos on You Tube.

Listening to the album now. I'm overwhelmed, no sleep for me tonight :love:

The pictures of the individual band members were taken last fall on the roof of Electric Lady studios. We've been wondering what became of these photos.

Thanks for the photos guys :) Anyone found that the album on iTunes not playing the full songs?
Make sure you go to the iTunes homepage after you sign in to your account, then scroll to the bottom and click on "purchased" then you should see the album and click on it to download it, then when it's downloaded the songs will be in your library.
I think maybe what you're hearing are the samples of the songs.

Make sure you go to the iTunes homepage after you sign in to your account, then scroll to the bottom and click on "purchased" then you should see the album and click on it to download it, then when it's downloaded the songs will be in your library.
I think maybe what you're hearing are the samples of the songs.

Thanks for that. That I was doing . ;)

It's odd that none of the news programs are mentioning U2 when they talk about the Apple launch. When Beyonce released her album on iTunes, you would have thought she cured cancer, they made such a huge deal out of it. I really love Songs of Innocence btw and I think this was a very classy move by our guys.

It's odd that none of the news programs are mentioning U2 when they talk about the Apple launch. When Beyonce released her album on iTunes, you would have thought she cured cancer, they made such a huge deal out of it. I really love Songs of Innocence btw and I think this was a very classy move by our guys.

I agree, it's surprising a little bit weird that there is not much in the media about the release...
The album is absolutely great... And yes it was a classy but also very smart move by the guys... Everybody wins.

I found a lot of U2 related stories in the media today, many album reviews, too, but also many short mentions in connection with the Apple launch. Over all I have the impression that it's a much bigger thing in the US than it is in Europe.

Im pretty sure it's a big thing in Ireland but Im not home at the moment, travelling in Eastern Europe, it's definitely not a big thing here :(

Random observation about the liner notes: Edge is thanking "Baby Luna" who is his grandchild and the daughter of his daughter Blue Angel. She's been born in early August. :)

Back
Top Bottom