Ali Thread #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caroni, thank you for answering layza's question....and you are correct - we weren't referring to layza, we were referring to the other poster(s) in this thread who were very rude about Ali.

Thanks for being helpful. :wink:

Mulago Positive Women’s Network :hug:

The one thing I noticed in this forum is that people are have very little tolerance for other people's opinions, especially if they not in the popular opinion. Hey, everyone has a right to their opinion, even if it is not "lilly white doves." I agree that you people make Ali out to be a martyr when what has she really done? She went to school with Bono and was his girlfriend and married him. She does not know what it is like to be lonely, to be man-less, to struggle financially and support her family. So she does charity work. WELL, SHE SHOULD! SHE IS LOADED AND SHE SHOULD GIVE BACK. For God's sake, she is married to a rock star, that is her claim to fame, would anyone really give a shit if she wear married to a nobody...stop this martyr crap, okay. She is beautiful and all, but she ain't no wonder to this world. She has had it pretty easy and if any of us were in her shoes, we would do the same. Sorry, but my opinion...and I know that I am going to be lambasted for this one. But, I really don't care what people think. I have more respect for other women, who give their time and energy, who don't have money coming out of their asses and don't have famous celebrity husbands, those are the real heroes to me, not Ali.

The one thing I noticed in this forum is that people are have very little tolerance for other people's opinions, especially if they not in the popular opinion. Hey, everyone has a right to their opinion, even if it is not "lilly white doves." I agree that you people make Ali out to be a martyr when what has she really done? She went to school with Bono and was his girlfriend and married him. She does not know what it is like to be lonely, to be man-less, to struggle financially and support her family. So she does charity work. WELL, SHE SHOULD! SHE IS LOADED AND SHE SHOULD GIVE BACK. For God's sake, she is married to a rock star, that is her claim to fame, would anyone really give a shit if she wear married to a nobody...stop this martyr crap, okay. She is beautiful and all, but she ain't no wonder to this world. She has had it pretty easy and if any of us were in her shoes, we would do the same. Sorry, but my opinion...and I know that I am going to be lambasted for this one. But, I really don't care what people think. I have more respect for other women, who give their time and energy, who don't have money coming out of their asses and don't have famous celebrity husbands, those are the real heroes to me, not Ali.

Yeah, you are probably right when you say there is little tolerance around here when it come to certain topics, but what ticks people off is not so much what people think but the way they convey the message. I dont remember if it was onebird or somebody else who came off as very aggresive and as if they were about to have a stroke. They could have stated their views in a different way and nobody would have cared that much.

5182-15397-size2.jpg

Yeah, you are probably right when you say there is little tolerance around here when it come to certain topics, but what ticks people off is not so much what people think but the way they convey the message. I dont remember if it was onebird or somebody else who came off as very aggresive and as if they were about to have a stroke. They could have stated their views in a different way and nobody would have cared that much.

I agree with this. :up: I think it's fine to have a personal opinion about something. However, coming out with guns blazing and attacking using forceful words and sometimes making it personal isn't going to win friends or respect. I'm personally concerned with the sudden influx of new posters who seem to be taking this tangent in the past few weeks. It's a shame that they feel they need to act like this on the forums. And it has a two-fold effect. Not only is disharmony being created by the tone of their posts, but people are replying in a similar manner and not letting things go, further lowering the atmosphere. I personally don't see it as being ok to attack either people who are not here to defend themselves (ie, the band AND their partners) - after all they are human, and although their 'celebrity' opens them up to it, it doesn't make it right, and I don't see it as being ok to attack someone for their views on someone else because they may differ to your own.

I've been watching all of this 'hoopla' go on for the last little while and refrained from commenting, and it's quite honestly put me off even being here. This is all I'm going to say on it too. I hope that everyone can just move on and ignore what upsets you and continue to enjoy the positive.

It's a shame that some people come her to express their opinion in an aggressive and respectless way. I think it is also possible in a different way. But whenever someone comes into a thread here to voice disagreement with the way things are handled, it's almost always in an aggressive manner, often in form of bashing either Ali, Bono or the fans who contribute to the discussion. That's what pisses me off.

And I don't think Ali has to apologize for having a good life because she's married to Bono. Not all celebrities or celebrity-wives are doing charity work. She's a role model, people admire her, but I don't think she, Bono or anyone here would deny that there are brave, heroic and great people doing amazing work that are not popular. And what's this crap about her being treated as a "matyr". WTF? A "martyr" is something totally different. I wish people would look up stuff in an encyclopedia before they come here throwing around terms that are ridiculous.

I think this discussion has to end, because it's always one extreme or the other, life is not just black and white. Be respectful, then you can expect tolerance.

Great. Why don't you start threads on them in the appropriate forums?....

I don't think anyone sees her as a martyr, just an incredible woman in an every day sense. She's an obviously busy and dedicated mother of four, trying to balance life at home and on the road, as well as many charities and product lines that she's involved in. There are many incredible women like this, she's just more visible than most, so she's on a platform where we can discuss it and be inspired by it.

I personally love her for all the above reasons, but especially because she seems to be a very gracious person. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her, but this is what I've heard from those who have. Makes her all the more likeable since she could fancy herself 'special' and more entitled than others, but she doesn't.

^ agreed!

Speaking of Ali's products, Nude is available at Sephora now :drool: Nude Skincare at Sephora

I had a mini splurge and bought the travel pack earlier this year...love it love it love it. I have very sensitive skin in the T-Zone and am prone to excema above my lip, to the side of my nose...I haven't reacted to ANY of the products to date :yippie:

I had a mini splurge and bought the travel pack earlier this year...love it love it love it. I have very sensitive skin in the T-Zone and am prone to excema above my lip, to the side of my nose...I haven't reacted to ANY of the products to date :yippie:

I love the products too and share having sensitive skin. It's been getting more and more sensitive as I age. I've been pretty much a soap and water facial cleanser until about 10 yrs ago and faithfully moisturize now, but since receiving samples of these skin products I've become so much more aware of caring for my skin. I believe it's the natural ingredients in the products AND their packaging that makes the difference. I don't mind spending a bit more for these kinds of products, but having them easily more accessible will be great (although the samples seemed to fly out of Ireland and UK over to the US!)

I just ran out of my Nude samples:)sad: ) and I definitely want to get the full sized versions. I also have sensitive skin and these products work so nicely. I can't find the Nude lips though :scream: They've been sold out for ages..

I just ran out of my Nude samples:)sad: ) and I definitely want to get the full sized versions. I also have sensitive skin and these products work so nicely. I can't find the Nude lips though :scream: They've been sold out for ages..

I emailed them this morning and got a response saying it would be back in stock at the end of this month.

Here's a couple more too :)

1239353.jpg

1239352.jpg

1239386.jpg

1239387.jpg

1239388.jpg

Thanks Dion for finding these! :bow: Any chance anyone can find larger versions of them? :pray:

And I'd just like to give a little advice to anyone coming here making negative comments about Ali or Bono and their work, yes of course you're entitled to your own opinion, just don't be surprised or get so defensive and abusive, if we, who support Ali and Bono, chose not to agree with you! :shrug: We supporters also have the right to OUR own opinions, to praise and applaud Ali and Bono, as much as we want to! And if you don't like it, than stuff bloody nuts!! :p We don't need anyone coming here, telling us how we should think or what we should say!! :huh:

I believe that they are in the Bono in France forum, but I don't know if they are larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom