Ali Thread #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea where to post this, but if anyone is interested in a really cute EDUN shirt, I have one for sale on ebay for cheap, size Medium. I'd much rather have it go to a PLEBAn than some stranger! I cant post a link but you can pm or email me if you want to see it :D

I just found your shop. That top is gorgeous, love the colour. Sadly its too big for me. :sad: Although i think you only ship to US anyway. :wink: What a bargain price though. :drool:

Are these photos? It´s a Google Picasa problem :wave:

Edun16.jpg

Edun17.jpg

PDVD_035.jpg

PDVD_033.jpg

PDVD_021.jpg

ba__000.jpg

ab__002.jpg

ba__0001.jpg

ba__011.jpg

javi they need to be uploaded to photobucket or imageshack or somewhere like that. The pics you posted are blue question marks for me, when i right click on them it take me to a u2miracle link so i think you have hotlinked them? That doesnt work. They need to be uploaded to an image site. :)

Those two are so affectionate and cute together even after all these years! I love it. Too bad more couples can't make it as long as Bono and Ali and be as happy.

thanks javi. adorable pics. i love the last ones. so candid and spontaneous.
they both deserve each other and to stay like they are for many years to come.

Bonoishot:drool:- you are so lucky! i love your sig and avi. bet you burn up inside whenever you think of that day!

I have to share that I am so excited and proud to tell that the college I work at
--I'm a librarian-
is selling the Edun LIVE tshirts with our own school logo. And, they have some LIVE shirts that say "How do YOU live" on the front w/Africa etc. on the back.
I was so excited! They are on sale for 14.95...I am going to buy one of each plus a few for family and friends.
just thought that was really cool since we are just a little Technical college in South Carolina!
I guess the buyer is smart and has class!:applaud:

Great price, great cause and I wish more campuses would get on board and do the same thing! Once you wear an Edun t-shirt you will never want to wear any other kind! :wink:

RTE_Image_17452023.JPG

The work of Adi Roche and Chernobyl Children's Project International is the subject of a powerful and disturbing new television documentary to be shown on RTE One on Thursday 4th September at 10.45pm. 'The Children Beyond Chernobyl' was filmed in Belarus this summer as over 100 Irish aid workers returned to the world's most highly contaminated nuclear accident radiation zone.

The documentary, presented and directed by RTE's Western Editor Jim Fahy, follows Adi Roche and teams of volunteers on a journey to remote and inaccessible mental asylums where children and adults exist side-by-side, orphanages where children have been abandoned and neglected and hospitals where operations are carried out without anaesthetic. This journey to Belarus is also one filled with moments of hope and great joy as children - some rescued from brutalised and abusive backgrounds and others with severe physical and mental illnesses - are being given new lives with the help of Irish aid programmes.

The programme also visits the homes of Irish families in Cork and Kilkenny where children from Belarus are now on summer rest and recuperation breaks and are being assessed for life-changing operations in Ireland. Builder John O'Riordan and his partner Moya Kenny have become the 'Irish Poppa and Mamma' to little Krystina and her close friend from an orphanage, Olya Mikitka. The girls come to Ireland each summer and John and Moya have vowed they will do everything they can to help both children.

The documentary also features the story of 25-year old Kilkenny-based Andrea Keogh and her family who are trying to change the life of another 7 year old Belarusian orphan, Maryna Tsitova who has cerebral palsy and epilepsy. Andrea, a child care worker in the South East volunteers for one month every year in Belarus.

Leading Belarusian scientists and medical experts discuss the problems facing the country where two million people still live in the contaminated zones. Consultant paediatrician, Dr Irena Kalmanovich, of the Children's Regional Hospital in Gomel says 'we face huge problems where we have to do things and perform operations on children which would never be considered in Ireland or any other western country. But that's the way things are in Belarus today. Perhaps it will get better but it will take a very long time'.

Adi Roche, who travelled to Belarus with Ali Hewson, Board Director of the Chernobyl Children's Project International, says 'nothing is stronger than the heart of a volunteer and to see careworkers and nurses working around the clock to meet the medical needs of children who are critically ill, to witness the work of the building teams completely transform the near-derelict asylum, Vesnova and build new 'Homes of Hope' is truly inspiring. We continue to be amazed by the amount of goodwill and generosity of the Irish people who year after year wholeheartedly commit to improving the lives of thousands of children in the Chernobyl regions'.

If you would like any more information on this documentary, please contact us at info@chernobyl-ireland.com

RTE_Image_17452023.JPG

The work of Adi Roche and Chernobyl Children's Project International is the subject of a powerful and disturbing new television documentary to be shown on RTE One on Thursday 4th September at 10.45pm. 'The Children Beyond Chernobyl' was filmed in Belarus this summer as over 100 Irish aid workers returned to the world's most highly contaminated nuclear accident radiation zone.

The documentary, presented and directed by RTE's Western Editor Jim Fahy, follows Adi Roche and teams of volunteers on a journey to remote and inaccessible mental asylums where children and adults exist side-by-side, orphanages where children have been abandoned and neglected and hospitals where operations are carried out without anaesthetic. This journey to Belarus is also one filled with moments of hope and great joy as children - some rescued from brutalised and abusive backgrounds and others with severe physical and mental illnesses - are being given new lives with the help of Irish aid programmes.

The programme also visits the homes of Irish families in Cork and Kilkenny where children from Belarus are now on summer rest and recuperation breaks and are being assessed for life-changing operations in Ireland. Builder John O'Riordan and his partner Moya Kenny have become the 'Irish Poppa and Mamma' to little Krystina and her close friend from an orphanage, Olya Mikitka. The girls come to Ireland each summer and John and Moya have vowed they will do everything they can to help both children.

The documentary also features the story of 25-year old Kilkenny-based Andrea Keogh and her family who are trying to change the life of another 7 year old Belarusian orphan, Maryna Tsitova who has cerebral palsy and epilepsy. Andrea, a child care worker in the South East volunteers for one month every year in Belarus.

Leading Belarusian scientists and medical experts discuss the problems facing the country where two million people still live in the contaminated zones. Consultant paediatrician, Dr Irena Kalmanovich, of the Children's Regional Hospital in Gomel says 'we face huge problems where we have to do things and perform operations on children which would never be considered in Ireland or any other western country. But that's the way things are in Belarus today. Perhaps it will get better but it will take a very long time'.

Adi Roche, who travelled to Belarus with Ali Hewson, Board Director of the Chernobyl Children's Project International, says 'nothing is stronger than the heart of a volunteer and to see careworkers and nurses working around the clock to meet the medical needs of children who are critically ill, to witness the work of the building teams completely transform the near-derelict asylum, Vesnova and build new 'Homes of Hope' is truly inspiring. We continue to be amazed by the amount of goodwill and generosity of the Irish people who year after year wholeheartedly commit to improving the lives of thousands of children in the Chernobyl regions'.

If you would like any more information on this documentary, please contact us at info@chernobyl-ireland.com

I hope that this documentary would be released on DVD or shown in the US and around the world!

Ali's Chernobyl trip to hit screens

She may have a host of famous friends and celebrity parties to attend, but Ali Hewson is set to hit our screens for a very different reason.

The big-hearted wife of U2 rocker Bono will feature in a new television documentary about the children affected by the Chernobyl nuclear disaster.

Children Beyond Chernobyl will follow Ali and fellow anti-nuclear campaigner Adi Roche as they go about their work in Belarus.

Ali is so devoted to the plight of orphans in the area that she asked her husband to donate the proceeds of the U2 hit single Sweetest Thing, a song he wrote for her as an apology for forgetting her birthday, to the Chernobyl Children's Project.

The programme, to be aired next week, was filmed in Belarus this summer.

Ali and Adi, along with a 100-strong team of Irish aid workers, will be seen working around the clock at the world's most highly contaminated nuclear accident radiation zone.

Their task was to complete work on the transformation of a near derelict asylum at Vesnova, 120km from Chernobyl, into a world-class centre for children with severe mental and physical illnesses and disabilities.

Ali, who is a patron of the Chernobyl Children's Project, says, "the work the Irish volunteers, builders, doctors, dentists, nurses, child care workers do in Belarus is extraordinary and inspiring".

2708_alibono_h_200225t.jpg

Ali, who is a patron of the Chernobyl Children's Project, says, "the work the Irish volunteers, builders, doctors, dentists, nurses, child care workers do in Belarus is extraordinary and inspiring".

yes, indeed!
Ali, along with these other volunteers, are truely extraordinary! I really admire her for the work she's done with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom