Ali Thread #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono080908.jpg

See, it's the exact opposite for me. I always have to look up the inches and feet in metres, because I am not used to this system.

I'm about Ali's height, only a tiny bit taller, 1,69 m.

Bono would be perfect to me, exactly the right kissable hight. :love:

Yep, I think he is five foot six, as I have photo of him and I, and we stand the same...Five foot six...and delicious in person he is....but I forgot to smell his aftershave, as I was a little overwhelmed by the moment, as you can imagine:flirt:

5'6" would be a good estimate on his height. :up:

Mulago Positive Women’s Network :love:

i'm 5'9". I remember Bono stating once that he likes tall girls. sweet!

i think it's sort of "cute" that he's shorter. it's too bad that society places a large value on men being tall. i couldn't care squat. my first boyfriend was about 5'7". never bothered me a second. he had more personality and heart than many a tall guy i've known or dated. who gives a care after all. like for some reason a guy is just more attractive because his legs are 4-5 inches longer?? :shrug: are we really that shallow?

Yep, I think he is five foot six, as I have photo of him and I, and we stand the same...Five foot six...and delicious in person he is....but I forgot to smell his aftershave, as I was a little overwhelmed by the moment, as you can imagine:flirt:

"been there" several times, suzannagirl, and i completely with your statement :love:

thankyou, that was a wonderful comment in support of Bono:applaud:

Although he may be shorter than some men in height, Bono towers over most men in his stature and character.:hug:

Shopper's paradise: Ali's designer clothes at bargain prices

Evening Herald Newspaper | Ireland's Evening News Paper | Dublin & National News ?-?Herald.ie

By Jane Last

Thursday November 06 2008

CALLING all environmentally conscious recessionistas -- Bono's wife Ali is having a sale that could suit you.

Edun, the fair trade, largely organic fashion label founded by Ali Hewson, is having a sample sale in Dublin next week.

The label has sent invites out to socialites across the country promising them designer quality at bargain prices. The sale will feature a "stunning" collection of jeans, blouses, T-shirts, dresses and shirts in all sizes at "vastly reduced prices".

Growing

The fashion label has been growing over the past few years as the fashionable begin to think green.

Edun was set up by Hewson to encourage the provision of sustainable employment in the developing world. However, unlike other similar labels out there, Edun's clothes have been hitting the catwalks in major fashion shows around the world.

Edun T-shirts have been sported by her rock-star husband and Ali is reported to have given Brad and Angelina some Edun clothing for their baby twins, Knox and Vivienne.

Thousands of people are expected to flock to the Edun sale next weekend.

The sale will be taking place in the Mount Herbert Place Hotel on Herbert Road, Dublin 4 from 10am Friday, November 14 to Sunday 16.

for Italian fans it seems that they are going to open a store in Rome
I hope so!
I'll be the first customer for sure!

ps
sorry if I've never introduced myself, I often read you but don't have much time to write. I've been a u2 - and Ali- fan for many many years
I once saw her driving home as I was climbing the Killiney hill, but on the other side of the house. I met the band outside the studios, it was Achtung baby era, but home is home.

If anyone can make the sample sale, go! I went to one in NYC and I got some real good deals, I still wear the sweatshirts and jeans that I bought at a super price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom