African Well Fund Launching Build a Well for Bono's Birthday March 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
AWF Launching Eighth Annual Build a Well for Bono's Birthday Fundraiser March 22

To honor Bono's 50th birthday, the African Well Fund is aiming to raise $50,000 to fund water and sanitation projects in sub-Saharan Africa during a 50-day period beginning on World Water Day, March 22nd, and ending on Bono's birthday, May 10th.

To achieve this goal, AWF will be raising money in a variety of ways, including accepting donations through africanwellfund.org, selling specially designed T-shirts and merchandise through Zazzle, auctioning tickets to North American U2 360? Tour concert dates, and auctioning U2 concert photos. Stay tuned to the AWF homepage, Facebook and Twitter for updates on the Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser.

As in years past, all donors will be invited to leave their birthday wishes on a card that will be sent to Principle Management.

If you have a fundraising idea or would like to volunteer to help AWF achieve this $50,000 goal for Bono's 50th birthday, e-mail info@africanwellfund.org.

Since 2003, U2 fans have donated more than $170,000 to fund Build a Well for Bono's Birthday projects in Angola, Ethiopia, Liberia, Uganda and Zimbabwe that have benefited more than 28,000 people.

AWF Launching Eighth Annual Build a Well for Bono's Birthday Fundraiser March 22

To honor Bono's 50th birthday, the African Well Fund is aiming to raise $50,000 to fund water and sanitation projects in sub-Saharan Africa during a 50-day period beginning on World Water Day, March 22nd, and ending on Bono's birthday, May 10th.

To achieve this goal, AWF will be raising money in a variety of ways, including accepting donations through africanwellfund.org, selling specially designed T-shirts and merchandise through Zazzle, auctioning tickets to North American U2 360� Tour concert dates, and auctioning U2 concert photos. Stay tuned to the AWF homepage, Facebook and Twitter for updates on the Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser.

As in years past, all donors will be invited to leave their birthday wishes on a card that will be sent to Principle Management.

If you have a fundraising idea or would like to volunteer to help AWF achieve this $50,000 goal for Bono's 50th birthday, e-mail info@africanwellfund.org.

Since 2003, U2 fans have donated more than $170,000 to fund Build a Well for Bono's Birthday projects in Angola, Ethiopia, Liberia, Uganda and Zimbabwe that have benefited more than 28,000 people.

:applaud::up::D

Let's build some wells!

yeah he'll probably have an awesome party! :dance:lol
and thanks for posting this info!!:up:

The Bono Street Team is currently accepting donations that will go toward Build a Well for Bono's Birthday through March 22. The top four donors will win a limited-edition print by artist Azalea Millet. For more information, click here.

This is print that is being given away:

BST%20PAINTING.jpg

AWF will also be selling a number of these prints once Build a Well for Bono's Birthday kicks off next week.

this is such an awesome thing! i can't believe i never knew about this before! we get to give a birthday card to Bono and donate!! whoever started this is awesome!! :up::applaud::)

The Bono Street Team is currently accepting donations that will go toward Build a Well for Bono's Birthday through March 22. The top four donors will win a limited-edition print by artist Azalea Millet. For more information, click here.

This is print that is being given away:

BST%20PAINTING.jpg

AWF will also be selling a number of these prints once Build a Well for Bono's Birthday kicks off next week.

Thanks for posting this Devlin! We are so honored to help raise funds for the African Well Fund.

Dion

The eighth annual Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser has officially launched!

African Well Fund Launches Eighth Annual Build a Well for Bono's Birthday Fundraiser

Nonprofit organization hopes to raise $50,000 between March 22 and May 10 to fund water and sanitation projects in Zimbabwe in honor of the U2 lead singer's 50th birthday.

SCHENECTADY , N.Y. – The African Well Fund has launched its eighth annual Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser (African Well Fund). To honor the U2 lead singer's 50th birthday, the nonprofit is aiming to raise $50,000 during the 50-day period of March 22 to May 10. All funds raised will benefit a community water and sanitation project in the Buhera District of Zimbabwe that will be implemented by Africare, African Well Fund's partner.

"It makes me proud to be a part of the U2 fan community and, in my opinion, there is no other community like it and that's why this year, in honor of Bono's 50th birthday, we've decided to set our highest goal yet to raise $50,000 in 50 days," said Rob Trigalet, board chairman for the African Well Fund. "We know that it will not only take people donating but, just as important, we'll be asking everyone who supports us to help spread the word through Facebook, Twitter and the various blogs and fan sites that our supporters may be involved with. We think this is a great year to try and really get the word out to as many people as possible."

To reach the $50,000 goal, the African Well Fund is accepting donations through its website (African Well Fund), selling a limited-edition print by artist Azalea Millet, selling limited-edition merchandise through Zazzle (AfricanWellFund: Home: Zazzle.com Store), and auctioning U2 live photos and U2 360 Tour concert tickets on eBay.

Millet has donated limited-edition hand-signed and numbered prints that will be sold for $50 through the African Well Fund's website (African Well Fund) beginning Monday, March 29.

"I have an enormous amount of respect and admiration for AWF and its mission to provide villages in Africa with clean water by building wells," said Millet, whose artwork has also been used as the inspiration for this year's Build a Well for Bono's Birthday logo and merchandise. "I want to show my support by doing all I can to help them raise money to meet their goal of $50,000 for Bono's 50th birthday."

The U2 live photo auction (eBay My World - theafricanwellfund), the third auction of U2 concert photos taken by fans and professional photographers that the African Well Fund has hosted, will be held from Sunday, April 18 through Sunday, April 25. The 2007 photo auction raised over $7,000 for that year's Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser; the 2006 photo auction raised over $11,000 for that year's fundraiser.

General admission tickets for U2 360 Tour dates in Salt Lake City , Anaheim and Philadelphia will be auctioned (eBay My World - theafricanwellfund) between Monday, May 3 and Saturday, May 8. In 2009, auctions of U2 concert tickets raised nearly $500 for that year's Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser.

All donors will be invited to add their birthday wishes to a card that will be sent to Bono via Principle Management.

"Bono has referred to this fundraiser as his 'favorite birthday gift,'" Trigalet said. "I really believe that this year might be the best one yet."

Donations from the seven previous Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraisers have totaled over $170,000 and have been used to fund water and sanitation projects implemented by African Well Fund partner Africare to benefit more than 28,000 people in Angola, Ethiopia, Liberia, Uganda and Zimbabwe.

The African Well Fund is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the mission of funding clean water and sanitation projects in sub-Saharan Africa . Since its founding in 2002, the African Well Fund has raised more than $700,000 to fund more than 200 projects in 13 African nations, benefiting more than 260,000 people.

The Build a Well for Bono's 50th Birthday Cause page now has 96 members and $100 raised! Please join and spread the word to your friends.

Thanks to Dion, the Bono Street Team and its supporters for this great kick off to the Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser!

Bono Street Team Raises $435 for Build a Well for Bono's Birthday

From March 1 to March 22, Dion Simte, founder of the Bono Street Team, created a Birthday Wish on Facebook to raise money for the Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser. The top donors were eligible to win a limited-edition print by artist Azalea Millet. The wish collected $435.

"I am truly touched by the generosity of friends and advocates who contributed toward my Birthday Wish and the BST Painting Print Contest to help raise funds for the African Well Fund through the Bono Street Team Cause page," Simte said. "My heart is so full of gratitude and happiness. I am smiling ear to ear knowing that this money is going to go toward building a fresh water well in Zimbabwe. It is going to help so many people who don't have that access to safe clean drinking water. We are leaving a true legacy that will last forever in Africa. I am so blessed."

The limited-edition print Millet created for the Bono Street Team, as well as a second limited-edition print of a Millet painting that was signed by Bono, will be sold by the African Well Fund to benefit Build a Well for Bono's Birthday beginning next Monday, March 29.

For more information on the print sale, or to make a donation to Build a Well for Bono's Birthday, click here.

Back
Top Bottom