African Well Fund Launching Build a Well for Bono's Birthday March 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Latest Build a Well for Bono's Birthday Card Now Online

African Well Fund Board Member Lara Wineman has posted pictures of the birthday card she created for Bono to mark the most-recent Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser. The card contains a Well Share informing Bono of the $25,217.02 that was donated by U2 fans during the fundraiser this spring, plus the additional $1,085 that fans donated to AWF via the Get WELL Fund for Bono on Facebook following his May back surgery. The card also includes all of the birthday messages that fans left for Bono on the AWF website.

5006057404_7eab2f3d5f_b.jpg

The card, which was sent to Bono via Principle Management, can be viewed here. To view all of the birthday messages from fans, click here.

The African Well Fund raised $25,217.02 during the 55-day Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser to help fund the Buhera Integrated Community Water and Sanitation Project, which will benefit 2,200 people in a region of Zimbabwe that has been greatly impacted by a cholera epidemic.

U2 fans have donated nearly $200,000 through the eight Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraisers to benefit more than 30,000 people in Angola, Liberia, Uganda and Zimbabwe.

Hey everyobdy, I have a question about Bono's campaign. Someone I know told me that she read in the news that Bono only gave 1,2% of the income from his charity capmaign to Africa (so really to the people who need it). I absolutely DON'T believe this, so I'd like to know where this came from?! Did anyone read it too? Because I'm really confused now.:|

Back
Top Bottom