Adam's Badass Bass Playing Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ladera Heights

The Fly
Having seen the shows in Phoenix and Pasadena, I'm blown away by Adam's bass playing in the new songs and the reworking of old songs. I liked what he did during Popmart, but lately he's been stepping it up to a degree I'm ashamed to say I didn't think he was capable of.

Breathe (of course)
Mysterious Ways (new poppin, extensively reworked in the verses)
Streets (a lotta new melodic stuff in there)
Ultraviolet (tastefully augmented yet retains the original mood)

If you listen to the Rose Bowl show on Youtube with headphones, you can clearly hear the dexterity, flow, creativity and James Jamersonisms in it. I feel like its changed the character of their live sound...

Can't wait to see where he takes it.

:drool: *adding 5 stars to thread*

He went insane this tour, all the new gear, new basses and NLOTH is about the best basslines I've ever heard him play! I don't know what they did to old Adam, but I'm liking this new guy! :D

Same with Larry! :lol:

Adding to the songs you named:
Magnificent (that nice little loop he put in)
Crazy Tonight (remix) It drives the song.
NLOTH is pretty good too, though I still prefer NLOTH2's bassline.
SBS on the Warwick :drool: Intense.

I thought I was going crazy when I thought how awesome he was lately - been making me pick up my bass more, because instead of Edge's guitars going through my head (sorry Edge! :reject:), the basslines have.

True! And while Edge might "Be On Fire" as Bono is always one to say, it is ADAM that seems to have had some sort of rebirth of U2/Bass Guitar and Band energy. Great to see.

Seems he's having more fun and why not - he's all them new amps and bass guitars!

I thought I was going crazy when I thought how awesome he was lately - been making me pick up my bass more, because instead of Edge's guitars going through my head (sorry Edge! :reject:), the basslines have.

He's playing the crowd like ever before.I must give kuddo's to him!
Yes Adam , you rock very hard, just to confirm it again.

I've never been as close during a show as we were in LA and Adam was sooooo awesome. I had a sign with his name on it and he saw it and smiled at me. He was totally interacting with the groups on either side of me as well. He was really having fun. :love:

I've never been as close during a show as we were in LA and Adam was sooooo awesome. I had a sign with his name on it and he saw it and smiled at me. He was totally interacting with the groups on either side of me as well. He was really having fun. :love:

Was your sign on pink posterboard?? I think I saw it on the YouTube rebroadcast!! Congrats on him seeing it :applaud:
I agree with all the comments. I was on Adams side in Phoenix and the man really was on fire! I love that he's always smiling

No. :( My sign was neon green. It was VERY cool that he saw it and acknowledged it. I almost died. My friends sign made it on to the youtube show though - at the end of Streets (about 1:55) she has a sign that says Thank You for the Joyful Noise. It's very cool. Hope it makes it onto the DVD!!!:hyper:

No. :( My sign was neon green. It was VERY cool that he saw it and acknowledged it. I almost died. My friends sign made it on to the youtube show though - at the end of Streets (about 1:55) she has a sign that says Thank You for the Joyful Noise. It's very cool. Hope it makes it onto the DVD!!!:hyper:

I'm probably wrong about the color. I definitely saw an Adam sign in the inner pit close to the front on adams side. It must be you.I completely understand your excitement as I was on the otherside of the stage with signs for the edge and Larry too. :giggle: I'm happy Adam saw it and I wouldn't doubt your the one he's acknowledging at the end of the show ( there's a close up of him knodding and waving while looking at someone in the pit) I hope it makes the DVD too!

*clears throat*
back to the bass

I thought he was spectacular during crazy tonight too!

lol since when does "nodding" start with a K?? I'm trippin. I also thought your sign was pink :lmao: But I KNOW what I saw. I hope that was for you :cute:

How about some badASS pictures from this tour!!:rockon:

france71509-1.jpg

france71509-6.jpg

3686l.jpg

525.jpg

Great pictures! :drool:

I gained a whole renewed appreciation for Adam's bass at the beginning of WOWY at Notre Dame in October 2001--and he is way beyond that now. Long may he (and all of them) run!

Back
Top Bottom