Adam's Badass Bass Playing Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah Yes... Adam and The Amps (Aguilar amps, this tour). Another reason that there seems to be a bit more thunder from down under this tour.

adam_ayaz1.jpg

There are AMPS in this photo? Oh, yeah, I guess there are.

*distracted*
:sexywink:
(nice play on the ANTS, btw)

Ah Yes... Adam and The Amps (Aguilar amps, this tour). Another reason that there seems to be a bit more thunder from down under this tour.

adam_ayaz1.jpg

Check out Adam's HAIR in this clip... :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

He may be BADASS now but... errrr... umm... WTF!!!

YouTube - U2 I will Follow - Get it Together ITV 1980

"Note from the clip: Very rare clip of U2 performing on a short lived kids programme called Get it Together.

I don't have the exact date of this but believe it is November 1980 and is probably the first tv appearance in the UK.

The quality is not great but it's worth viewing just to see Adam's hair!!"

Great thread, everyone. I had seats on Adam's side in Vegas and was in the inner circle on Adam's side at the Rose Bowl and I can reiterate what has already been said. Adam was all smiles throughout both shows and seemed so confident and was having a great time. It underscored everything he said in the Q interview from last winter about being in a great place in his life and, knowing what he went through with substance abuse, it's just amazing to see him out there at 49 loving life.

Watching the Zoo Tv Sydney show, you can see a man disconnected from his band and it's really nice to see him recover the way he has. Now, if that Warwick signature bass becomes a reality, I'm going to have some serious cash-flow problems for a few months. :drool:

Lastly, my choice for Adam's most underrated bassline: One. I play it almost daily as a warm-up. Anybody else?

Check out Adam's HAIR in this clip... :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

He may be BADASS now but... errrr... umm... WTF!!!

YouTube - U2 I will Follow - Get it Together ITV 1980

"Note from the clip: Very rare clip of U2 performing on a short lived kids programme called Get it Together.

I don't have the exact date of this but believe it is November 1980 and is probably the first tv appearance in the UK.

The quality is not great but it's worth viewing just to see Adam's hair!!"

:laugh: Is that really Adam??? It looks like a completely different person!
Nice precision there though!

For a warming up I usually play Streets and GOYB or Vertigo. If I want something slower, WOWY or Exit. I don't like One that much, wouldn't even know how to play it. :wink:

"Vertigo" and "...Boots" both have cool parts that are cyclical (did I spell that right).

Around the release of HTDAAB, Adam said the "Vertigo" part was inspired by Les Pattinson of Echo & The Bunnymen, who was notorious for such melodic/cyclical parts.

Echo & The Bunnymen have not been the same since becoming Les-less, when he left the Bunnymen. Not have they had the same success. That should outline what many of us already know... a band IS the sum of it's parts (personnel). And that each person has something important to add to the band.

Adam may not play busy part like Geddy Lee (Rush) or Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers) but he does play as busy or simple as what compliments the song. And that is Adam's genius.

Go Sparky!

:laugh: Is that really Adam??? It looks like a completely different person!
Nice precision there though!

For a warming up I usually play Streets and GOYB or Vertigo. If I want something slower, WOWY or Exit. I don't like One that much, wouldn't even know how to play it. :wink:

I am still convinced that he's beaten The Edge at Poker. And that The Edge paid off his gambling debt in gear. (All the great new amps and bass guitars that Adam is using this tour.)

The smile on Adam's face is as if he's looking over at Edge saying... "Yep, I won all of this... `nother game The Edge? I'd like another bass guitar... sucker!"

adam_ayaz1.jpg

BELOW is the promo picture for the new Warwick Adam Clayton Reverso Signature bass guitar. There are a few places in europe taking orders now. Pricey but nice! It's around 6,000 Euros - YIKES!

Just thought the Adam fans would like to see the piccy.

attachment.php

Details on the bass:
  • Warwick Adam Clayton Signature Reverso E-Bass
  • Signature Bass
  • Mahogany Body
  • 3/9" Quilted AAAA Maple top
  • Flamed Maple with Ekanga Veneer stripes
  • Tigerstripe Ebony Fretboard
  • 24 Frets
  • Scale 864mm Long Scale
  • Nut width 36,5mm
  • 1 x MEC P active Pickup
  • Warwick 2pcs. Bridge
  • Finish Natural Satin
  • incl. Rockcase and Adam Clayton Signature.

BELOW is the promo picture for the new Warwick Adam Clayton Reverso Signature bass guitar. There are a few places in europe taking orders now. Pricey but nice! It's around 6,000 Euros - YIKES!

Just thought the Adam fans would like to see the piccy.

attachment.php

Details on the bass:
  • Warwick Adam Clayton Signature Reverso E-Bass
  • Signature Bass
  • Mahogany Body
  • 3/9" Quilted AAAA Maple top
  • Flamed Maple with Ekanga Veneer stripes
  • Tigerstripe Ebony Fretboard
  • 24 Frets
  • Scale 864mm Long Scale
  • Nut width 36,5mm
  • 1 x MEC P active Pickup
  • Warwick 2pcs. Bridge
  • Finish Natural Satin
  • incl. Rockcase and Adam Clayton Signature.

The piccy isn't working, E_O.

Maybe try this?

5655d1262098542-warwick-reverso-adamclayton.jpg

ETA: Nope, that doesn't work either.

Reminds me of a few outfits I saw him wear in the 80's. :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom