Adam Clayton striking GOLD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB

Another new toy that the Adam fans will see him with on the next leg of the tour... The SILVER FOX will be playing SOLID GOLD...

So first there were a few variations that finalized with the release of the Warwick Adam Clayton Reverso bass. Then Warwick made Adam a gold sparkle Streamer Stage II (seen at the Brandenburg Gate show) And now... Warwick Adam Clayton Custom Shop Star Bass II (in gold finish).

My guess is that this might take the place of the vintage gold finish Gibson Les Paul Signature that Adam has been using for U2: 360 performances of "Mysterious Ways". Time will tell for certain. And as the tour is 3 weeks away...

Pictures? Certainly!

090461XX14GPFMT3WW_01.jpg

090461XX14GPFMT3WW_05.jpg

090461XX14GPFMT3WW_04.jpg

090461XX14GPFMT3WW_03.jpg

Specs? Naturally.

Scale: 34" Longscale
Frets: 21 Dunlop 6230 nickel silver
Fingerboard wood: Tigerstripe Ebony
Inlays: Block Inlays, mother of pearl
Neck wood: Flamed Maple
Finish: Triumph Gold High Polish, 3-layered
Pickups: MEC passive Star Bass
Electronics: MEC passive
Nut: Graphite
Bridge: Warwick 2-piece
Strap holders: Schaller Security Locks
Hardware color: Gold

More info...
Warwick Basses Amps & Rock'n Roll

And thanks to Scott Jones for the heads up on this.

I am really :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: over THAT!!!! That is one hot bass.:shifty::lol: Gold just works on guitars (and basses of course). I hope he uses this.

Btw doesn't the bass player in the tribute band (I forgot his name sorry :doh:) have his work cut out for him with these Warwicks?:laugh::wink:

I am really :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: over THAT!!!! That is one hot bass.:shifty::lol: Gold just works on guitars (and basses of course). I hope he uses this.

Btw doesn't the bass player in the tribute band (I forgot his name sorry :doh:) have his work cut out for him with these Warwicks?:laugh::wink:

Scott Jones is the bass player in Joshua Tree. He doesn't have an endorsement with Warwick. At least, not yet. I bet he'd like one now! But he did make a good deal at NAMM with Warwick to get the 'Reverso' that he now owns.

Not to go all tech and guitar gear on the PLEBAns. Just thought that all the Adam fans would love to see this and look out for him playing some sweet bass grooves with it once the tour starts back up.

MMMMMMMMMMM. Makes me think of butterscotch candies...the kind that just melt in your mouth. Once again, my beloved Adam has managed to snag my attention and just make me :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

(And if he uses this to play MW? I'll :combust: -- it's only my all-time favorite song, so to add a sexy bass like this to it? YES PLEASE! :heart::heart: )

Back
Top Bottom