A note from the Photographer who took the HQ Paris Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All others have said similar but WOW... fantastic photos.

Have you more? Any other U2 shows or a site of your work?

If all of your pictures come out this good... Anton Corbijn should be worried. :D

Hi all,

I'm the photographer who took these photos and various others from the same set:

5003427161_a6a61b2516.jpg
5006150689_0316cfa426.jpg

You can see the rest here on my flickr:
U2 in Paris 2010 - a set on Flickr

I see they have been quite popular on this site.

I operate an honor system, thats why large images are on my flickr, so you are free to use any you want for desktop backgrounds, or your own personal prints/canvases. I just ask that you dont sell any. If you have any questions about use of them, you can always email me on info@peterneill.eu

Just so you know, I was not paid for taking these photos. I traveled to Paris from Ireland and took the photos for U2 at my own expense as I am trying to increase my portfolio.

All the best,

Peter Neill

Hey Edge_Orchestra,

Thanks for the comments :) I do have an official site, but I'm aware posting a link may be deemed advertising, which is not allowed. If you Google for "Peter Neill Photography" you will find my official site, indeed if someone else posts the link then maybe thats ok!?

On my flickr page you will find another U2 set which has some from Paris concert as well as some from Sheffield 09:

U2 Samples - a set on Flickr

Video montage of some of the Sheffield 09 pics : http://vimeo.com/6794347

It looks like I *may* have an opportunity to shoot with the band a lot in the near future as these photos have caught some of the right eyes, if that does happen, I'll post on here to let people know... :)

Pete

Wow, I went to the Paris gig and didnt bring my camera under the assumption somebody will get better pictures but this is just ridiculous. Amazing shots, best i've seen of them in a long time. Also you're other pics look great (liked the city ones of Paris an NY very much) :applaud:

So a big thanks from me also

Hey Edge_Orchestra,

Thanks for the comments :) I do have an official site, but I'm aware posting a link may be deemed advertising, which is not allowed. If you Google for "Peter Neill Photography" you will find my official site, indeed if someone else posts the link then maybe thats ok!?

On my flickr page you will find another U2 set which has some from Paris concert as well as some from Sheffield 09:

U2 Samples - a set on Flickr

Video montage of some of the Sheffield 09 pics : U2 Photos - Sheffield August 20th 09 on Vimeo

It looks like I *may* have an opportunity to shoot with the band a lot in the near future as these photos have caught some of the right eyes, if that does happen, I'll post on here to let people know... :)

Pete

Peter, your pictures are fantastic, and as a wannabe photographer I hope to one day be a at least somewhat close to a quarter as good as this. :love:

:applaud: I was at the Sheffield show, so definitely gonna go check those out now.

PETER!
You must come to Sydney in December! I will be making it all the way from Texas and I want your eye there to capture it ALL!!!!
However, we need to talk about the lack-o-drummer in your set :sexywink:

Found you on flickr last year and was floored to see your name pop up with these gorgeous shots as well! Always wanted a copy of one and never got around to asking! Great work.

Do keep us posted in regards to any future successes!! (I'm going friend you on flickr to be sure) :camera:

I would really love to do photos in Sydney! It would be a highlight for me!

I can't afford to fund another one myself, I have done 2 concerts for them for free in order to build portfolio enough to try and get a live photography position with them for the OZ/NZ leg of the tour.

Since Paris I have been in contact with management about this and I should know more soon. For those of you who pray, please say one for me, as this kind of photography is a passion for me, hence why I've invested so much time, money and hopes in it!

I will let you all know the result!!!

As for photos of Larry, the photo position in Paris made that very difficult and we only had the first 3 songs in which to take pics.

Back
Top Bottom