-16.11.05 Tampa, Florida -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rev. Reverse

The Fly
My photos can be found in the Tampa folder of my profile. We actually took 100s of pictures at the November 16th show, but I'm only sharing a few of them at this time.

i took a lot of grief from my wife ... she wasn't happy that her hubby was carrying around a large rubber duck all day ... now, she tells all her friends and family about it ...

the duck had never been to a concert, so i thought i'd give him a treat ... he's the only documented rubber duck to be front row at a U2 show too ... he's not for sale btw ...

I think it's awsome! :lol:

Damn I wanted it :grumpy:

i took a lot of grieve from my wife ... she wasn't happy that her hubby was carrying around a large rubber duck all day ... now, she tells all her friends and family about it ...

aww! :cute:

Well I made a praying mantis out of paper and I was thinking of bringing it to a concert :shifty: Now that would get Edge's attention...

I think it's awsome! :lol:

Damn I wanted it :grumpy:

i've had several offers, but he's part of the family now ... i gave him away to a kid with autism once, but his parents said it scared the kid, so they returned the duck ... i'm glad they didn't know what a rare item he was ...

iloveedge said:
aww! :cute:

Well I made a praying mantis out of paper and I was thinking of bringing it to a concert :shifty: Now that would get Edge's attention...

:applaud:

My DD and I were there ... we stood out back for about 5 hours waiting for them to get there (well, we thought they were already there with a sound-check, but not ....)

Anyway, we had the distinct pleasure of being 6 ft. away or so when they drove in. Bono & Edge had the windows up in their SUVs, Adam has his down completely and we made eye contact and he smiled and waved at us. Larry had his window down to about his nose :lol:, but his eyes were smiling and he gave us a two-fingers from the eyebrow salute. :D

My DD and I were there ... we stood out back for about 5 hours waiting for them to get there (well, we thought they were already there with a sound-check, but not ....)

Anyway, we had the distinct pleasure of being 6 ft. away or so when they drove in. Bono & Edge had the windows up in their SUVs, Adam has his down completely and we made eye contact and he smiled and waved at us. Larry had his window down to about his nose :lol:, but his eyes were smiling and he gave us a two-fingers from the eyebrow salute. :D

We were pretty much there all day long, in hopes of meeting the band, but it didn't happen ... However, we got something much better out of the deal ... We got to meet some amazing U2 fans ... My wife couldn't believe how nice people were ... In fact, she asked me once to check my pocket to make sure that someone didn't pick it while he/she was giving me a hug ...

I like the picture of Adam. He looks like he's giving you a frown of approval. :lol:

We actually got that look out of him several times during the show ...

The singer dude from U2's opening act came and played guitar in front of us a few times, and looked directly down at the duck ... I can't remember the name of the opening act though ... The wife likes the lead singer from that band though ...

Gavin Rossdale (Mr. Gwen Stefani) is the lead singer. I can't think of the group's name.

We were still standing outside, thankfully, so we saw U2 come in.

Gavin Rossdale (Mr. Gwen Stefani) is the lead singer. I can't think of the group's name.

We were still standing outside, thankfully, so we saw U2 come in.

If ya didn't see his band perform, then count yerself lucky ... While my wife was making googoo eyes at Garvin, I pulled my Gameboy out of my pocket and played Pokemon ... Security leaned over the rail, and asked, "Did you level up?" :D

Well, I sat through Kings of Leon in Chicago and I literally thought my heart was going to explode from their sound system. (Their sound system sucked, too -- I was so afraid U2 would use the same system!) I swore I'd never, ever put myself in those circumstances again! (And I was back up behind the stage, so not even having my chestal region exposed to their amps!)

Back
Top Bottom