1: the number of times he's punched Bono in the face onstage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
so, I finally got my hands on a copy of Q. yay! I just read Edge's interview, it includes a little blurb about "Edge In Numbers" and mentions that he has once (only once!) punched Bono in the face onstage.

do you any of you girls know the story? I'm pretty curious. I'm guessing it happened way back in the day...

thanks, pleba! :wave:

Very early 80's. Larry's drum broke or the kit was moving and he was trying to pull it back or fix it so he didn't play when he should. Bono didn't realize what was going on and was in crazy mode so he picked up Larry's drum kit and threw it then started to chase Larry down. Larry ran, Edge grabbed Bono by the hair and clocked him. The audience thought it was part of the show (ala The Who i guess). All was forgiven later.

Dana

P.S. page 105 in U2 by U2

Very early 80's. Larry's drum broke or the kit was moving and he was trying to pull it back or fix it so he didn't play when he should. Bono didn't realize what was going on and was in crazy mode so he picked up Larry's drum kit and threw it then started to chase Larry down. Larry ran, Edge grabbed Bono by the hair and clocked him. The audience thought it was part of the show (ala The Who i guess). All was forgiven later.

Dana

P.S. page 105 in U2 by U2

I love to see a video of this if it was ever recored.

yeah, I figured it was in the early days. I know Bono's stage antics used to drive all of them crazy. maybe it still does but they don't want the PR of such responses. :sexywink:

man, I should really read my U2 by U2 book. but it's so freaking big, and it looks nice just sitting there all decoratively on my shelf. :D

thanks, ladies!

He said something like never fight with a guy who uses his hands for a living??? :hmm:

:) It was about hand eye coordination I think.

And I'm afraid I haven't heard of a video on this, it was after all in the very early 80s where people didn't have their cameraphones to tape everything with.

I believe the show was Newhaven, 1982. I think Bono says that somewhere, can't remember where though.

:lmao: Apparently Larry has great self-preservation. I'm sure Bono's face hurt for awhile, though. Edge looks like he could pack a hell of a punch.

Back
Top Bottom