Zoo Station!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it was just the beginnig of the new era of U2 - a 'fun song' without much meaning. Essentially a warning that Achtung Baby's gonna be a "heavy mother".

Any deeper thoughts?

I read somewhere that its supposed to represent a subway train ride into a new Berlin after the wall came down. That's so perfect. This song kicks ass esp. if you're listening to it while riding the NYC subway. :yes:

One of my ALL TIME favorite songs!!

"I'm ready, I'm ready for the laughing gas!" LOVE IT!

I have a great live version (1992-06-11 - Dancing Zoo) where he laughs after that line! Its AWESOME! :)

Are there any other live versions of this song, that anyone knows of, in which he laughs?? Just outta curiosity...

-Blue

unnamed_streets said:
I read somewhere that its supposed to represent a subway train ride into a new Berlin after the wall came down. That's so perfect. This song kicks ass esp. if you're listening to it while riding the NYC subway. :yes:
:yes:

i think it goes perfectly with the subway sounds at the beginning of ebttrt. i love this album :cute:

I heard it was about a train station in Berlin, that has become a home for runaway teens and drug addicts.

She's standing at the station with her face up against the glass

My take on this is how she is watching the world and her life go by while she is stuck at the station (drug addiction).

Well, yes 'Zoostation' is a subway station in Berlin near the Berlin Zoo, a not so good area of Berlin.

It could be. :scratch:

I think its about Achtung Baby and the critics' response. Its about changing their music style. "ready to let go of the steering wheel..."

They say they're "ready for what's next"

And I think this line is particularly interesting:

"Time is a train, makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station your face pressed up against the glass"

To me, that is the band saying goodbye to the JOshua Tree era and hello to this new sound.

ummm, im pretty sure (99.9% sure) that i was at the "Zoo Station" in Berlin last year. its a decent joint in a relatively decent part of the city...i certainly didnt notice anything dirty about it.

its a busy place though! thats what i always thought zoo station was about...the chaos, ya know?

unnamed_streets said:
You go (unnamed_streets), OK Edge.....Play the blues...

Back
Top Bottom