Your blue room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Evo ga. Mal sem ga izklapljala v?eraj in danes, kr malo premi?ljujem, da bi manj hodila na to stran.

some say that you should see Antonioni's movie "Beyond the clouds".
There's an episode in the movie when an Italian girl meets her lover. The meeting takes place in "a blue room".

According to me, the blue room in a sort of place where you can feel free, and detached by everything outside. (note the lines "no car alarms, no cellular phone")

Splendid song... Definetely one of my favourite

To me, the song is about a man who has to leave for some reason, and he meets his lover in "a blue room" for one last night. The line "time is a string of pearls" suggests time is precious for them and "one day I'll be back" means he must be going somewhere. To me the blue room is somewhere they go to have "a different kind of conversation" :wink:

p.s. sorrry if that didn't make much sense, I was in a hurry.

Here's a quote from Into the Heart:

Bono conceived of it as a kind of erotic hymn. He'd always wanted to make a blue record, an atmospheric record. Going into the Passengers' project, he was thinking after-midnight. He was thinking music you can have sex to. Your Blue Room invites the listener into that erogenous zone.
"I suppose the blue room is an image that people can understand", he [Bono] says. "But the song is based on the idea that sex is a conversation of a different kind. On one level it's purely carnal, but on another it's a prayer."
'That's my favourite song on the record," Bono says unequivocally....It's an incredible thing to say to your lover or your maker, the line, 'Your instructions, whatever the direction'."

I love the way this song, like many of their best, melds the spiritual and the sexual. And I really adore Passengers.:heart:

Back
Top Bottom