WITS vs. Mercy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtunganton

The Fly
I might be stretching things a little bit but i think that WITS and Mercy have similar lyrics, or atleast similar ideas through out the song, the whole idea of what love can do...yes, no, are you high? those would all be approbriate responses
*a*

Guess what, they were both written by Bono.

:wink:

Mercy is more complex, though. Personally, I love it more. I wish they'd release it properly.

last unicorn said:
Guess what, they were both written by Bono.

:wink:

Mercy is more complex, though. Personally, I love it more. I wish they'd release it properly.

:up:
We love the man and his mind, but he does tend to use words again and again and again!!

Yes, but that's very normal, because these are the things that are important to him.
Artists - writers, musicians, painters - use their favourite motives over and over again in their work.
Since I'm a writer myself, I know how close some motives can be to you, you just want to use them in almost every piece you write.

But I think we should not forget here that Mercy hasn't been released (yet). Bono often uses lyrics in a certain version of a song or a demo and then puts them into a song on an album, like he did with the much loved and hated "freedom has a scent" thing in Levitate and Miracle Drug.

Mercy :drool:

I'm on a Mercy kick right now. I've listened to it 5.5 times in the last hour. I'm puzzling over the remaining lyrical ambiguities.

Last night, I listen to WITS and Mercy on repeat...I just can't get enough of those two songs!

I love both, probably just because WITS is more accessible to me - it's on more of my playlists because i have Mercy in a U2 Randoms album that i always forget - i love WITS more.

Apart from the Sweetest Thing, i love their 2000 'extras' songs.

And i like the 80s Sweetest Thing.

I love them both, and they both are in my top ten favorites list... Mercy has the best lyrics, though.

Back
Top Bottom