Why no more songs like, or performances of Babyface?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

birdman

Acrobat
I just watched the recently uploaded Leeds show, and thought that babyface was the perfect song after numb, such a thematic fit and its a lovely song. Why didn't U2 go more down this route? I read that the band thought performances of this song were crap, but it is an infinitely better song than Ordinary Love. They thought it was awkward, having to jump around vocal registers, but of any band U2 could have gotten away with it, especially during ZooTv. The fans would have supported Bonos voice throughout each experiment, and Edge is flawless. It wasn't a disaster, bit of a wasted opportunity?

I just watched the recently uploaded Leeds show, and thought that babyface was the perfect song after numb, such a thematic fit and its a lovely song. Why didn't U2 go more down this route? I read that the band thought performances of this song were crap, but it is an infinitely better song than Ordinary Love. They thought it was awkward, having to jump around vocal registers, but of any band U2 could have gotten away with it, especially during ZooTv. The fans would have supported Bonos voice throughout each experiment, and Edge is flawless. It wasn't a disaster, bit of a wasted opportunity?

Where can I get a copy of that Leeds show? Would you happen to have it?

seastwood9@gmail.com

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom