What's your interpretation of "Hallelujah Here She Comes"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ylimeU2

Rock n' Roll Doggie
This is currently one of my favorite U2 songs. I change them all the time. But, while I love the guitar part, I just am not getting anything at all from the lyrics. Usually, I can find something, but for some reason, I draw a blank on this song. So, I was just wondering what everyone else?s' thoughts on it are.

I always thought this song was about guy who was really dazzled by a woman he either couldn't/shouldn't be with. It seems like a "Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?" kind of thing, then again, it's also sort of "I'm a guy from 'the wrong side of town' and you are an uptown girl." I can never decide if he's actually with this woman, or just dreaming about being with her. Either way, just thinking about/seeing her uplifts his spirits so much, he smiles like a kid with a new toy. You know, getting 'high on love' - he just loves the feeling of the feeling he has for her.

If that makes any sense, that's my opinion...

goat

}:)~

ARRRRGGHHHH! :mad:

I put my Best of '80-90 B-side disc into my car cd player on the way home from work yesterday and halfway through HHSC it started skipping like crazy. Not just one of those skips that you hear and then the song continues, this one was like some mad hippity-hop MC had been doing his crazy freestylin all over it. Had to skip to the next track.

As for the song itself, I don't think there's a ton of hidden meaning to it, just one of those songs they came up with on a whim, like a Celebration or Party Girl. Fun tune.

OnFire said:
ARRRRGGHHHH!

I put my Best of '80-90 B-side disc into my car cd player on the way home from work yesterday and halfway through HHSC it started skipping like crazy. Not just one of those skips that you hear and then the song continues, this one was like some mad hippity-hop MC had been doing his crazy freestylin all over it. Had to skip to the next track.

When mine does that, sometimes ejecting the CD will work.. um, I mean, ejecting it and then putting it back in }:)~ If that doesn't work for me, I just whang on my CD player... I hate the damn thing, it's just so frikking testy sometimes... doesn't like the heat, doesn't like songs with alot of bass (so I have to turn the bass WAY down on songs like Wake Up Dead Man), doesn't play burned CDs at all (so I have to tote my CD collection around)... grrrr...

okay, sorry about that OT rant... just sympathizing with yas }:)~

goat

Kind of reminds me of the same feeling I get with Summer Rain....just kind of a good acoustic performance.

Thanks everyone. I don't know why it was bugging me so much. Thanks for your input. No matter what, I still think it's a great song. And Swan269, you are so right about it beling just a good acoustic song. Love those. I wish there were more of them.

ylimeU2 said:
This is currently one of my favorite U2 songs. I change them all the time. But, while I love the guitar part, I just am not getting anything at all from the lyrics. Usually, I can find something, but for some reason, I draw a blank on this song. So, I was just wondering what everyone else?s' thoughts on it are.

maybe it's what he thought when ali finally entered the church in their wedding day.

:wink:

Re: Re: What's your interpretation of "Hallelujah Here She Comes"?

victor_f said:

maybe it's what he thought when ali finally entered the church in their wedding day.

:wink:

Awww! That is such a sweet thought!

Back
Top Bottom