What's the meaning behind Wild Honey and The Fly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wild Honey is just a sweet little love song. It speaks about one's belief that this lover and he were destined, we're placed together before they were even born.

The Fly is just a cool song about truthisms. I really don't think there's any overall grand meaning.

Cute Irish Bono said:
What's the meaning? Does Wild have anything to do with evolution?

it doesn't matter what bono meant when he wrote the song, what matters is how you interpret it. I always saw the song in that light also; "in the days . . . . when we were monkeys" to me that is an analogy to soul mates, that in a past life they were together, that reference is what got me into that song, which I did not like at first. I for one firmly believe in reincarnation so it was good to hear a reference to it, in my opinion, which when listening to music is the only opinion that count's.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Wild Honey is just a sweet little love song. It speaks about one's belief that this lover and he were destined, we're placed together before they were even born.

The Fly is just a cool song about truthisms. I really don't think there's any overall grand meaning.

in the fly the meaning lies in peoples failure to see the surface of how things really are, the true-isms of life.

Back
Top Bottom