What lyrics does Edge sing on Miracle Drug?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not Edge, it's Bono! it makes no sense for Edge to sing one verse then back to Bono again. It's a very clean Bono in that part. On top of all that Edge is ripping a solo during that, there's no way he'll be doing that and singing! I know none ya'll will believe me, just wait for the live shows!

The Edge? Sorry but I think it's bono :ohmy:

It is really The Edge? Wait, no.. err. God, now I'm confused. I need to listen the song on more time and focus on that part.

Firstly i also thought it was Bono, but then i read somewhere here that it could be The Edge and somehow it fits, especially that there is said that Edge has an additional vocal in this song...
If those lines aren't his, what does he sing then?

Oh, and one more thing- is it Larry who sings the "ooh, yeaah" part from about 2:30, just before "Beneath the noise..."?

it's definatly edge, just listen to Van Diemen's Land and you'll hear the same voice.
It's also The Edge singing the falsetto part in SYCMIOYO

*k_i_t_e_86* said:

Oh, and one more thing- is it Larry who sings the "ooh, yeaah" part from about 2:30, just before "Beneath the noise..."?
No, that's definitely Bono. Larry would never sing that much on a song. ;)

It's hard to say if that 'Beneath the noise' is Edge, but now that you mentioned it (and after 10 listenings)...I'm still not sure lol. I'd say it's Bono. It does sound like Edge, but I just think it's B.

I've listened to it 15 times and I still don't know. I mean parts of it do sound like Bono but then other parts it's like well it could be Edge sounds really close to Bono. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's Bono

I say Edge, even if I am in denial about it

Im so glad it's Edge's album instead of Bono's, as much as I love Bono, the Edge deserves this album

Exactly.

And they DONT sound similar on any other U2 songs.

Cmon - how many verses/choruses does Edge sing the lead part, especially when he's playing his fingers off? Yeah his big solo is done, but he's still goin nuts on his guitar.

ITS BONO PEOPLE...Edge doesn't have that raspy shrillness to his voice at all.

BostonAnne said:
Beneath the noise
Below the din
I hear a voice
It’s whispering
In science and in medicine
"I was a stranger
You took me in”

It is Edge!!!!!! Haven't you seen the video yet?????????? It has to be posted here somewhere!!!!!

the hEdge

It is defo the Edge. You can clearly hear a change in the tone of voice @ 3:15 when Bono takes over again and sings the chorus

Don't let the busy guitar fool you, that's called an overdub.

Either way, the song rocks.

LP.

In the video posted of their recent TV performance in the UK (link posted somewhere around here) Larry sings the "oh yeah" parts and the Edge indeed sings the third verse.

But I agree, the CD sounds like Bono

Back
Top Bottom