Walk On

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
What do you guys think about the ending of the song 'Walk On'? Any Pink Floyd fan would know that the lyrics are remarkably similar to those in Eclipse, the end of Dark Side. I'm a huge U2 fan and I'm not accusing them of plagiarism. But could this be a coincidence, a hidden tribute or a slip-up?? :eyebrow:

these lyrics......

I'm referring to these lyrics...

PINK FLOYD - ECLIPSE
All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste
All you feel
All that you love
All that you hate
All you distrust
All you save
All that you give
All that you deal
All that you buy
Beg, borrow or steal
All you create
All you destroy
All that you do
All that you say
All that you eat
And everyone you meet
All that you slight
And everyone you fight
All that is now
All that is gone
All that's to come
and everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon

U2 - WALK ON
All that you fashion
All that you make
All that you build
All that you break

All that you measure
All that you feel
All this you can leave behind

All that you reason
All that you care

It's only time
And I'll never fill up all I find

All that you sense
All that you scheme
All you dress up
And all that you see

All you create
All that you wreck
All that you hate

I think it's just accidently. The title of the album was All That You Can't Leave Bhind and I think the last part of Walk On is just referring to it.

Hey BostonAnne! Your sig and your avatar is so cute. :cute: Realized it for the first time! :cute: :heart:

FallingStar said:
I think it's just accidently. The title of the album was All That You Can't Leave Bhind and I think the last part of Walk On is just referring to it.

Hey BostonAnne! Your sig and your avatar is so cute. :cute: Realized it for the first time! :cute: :heart:

Thanks FallingStar! :D You can hear her if you download the bootleg! :D

BostonAnne said:

Thanks FallingStar! :D You can hear her if you download the bootleg! :D
I will do that for sure. :yes: That's so cute............Can you tell me in what song that happened????? Cos then I'll download that song first. :D

FallingStar said:

I will do that for sure. :yes: That's so cute............Can you tell me in what song that happened????? Cos then I'll download that song first. :D

I was there too - it was adorable. And actually in context the whole thing was very moving. But I can't remember what song it was.

unnamed_streets said:
What do you guys think about the ending of the song 'Walk On'? Any Pink Floyd fan would know that the lyrics are remarkably similar to those in Eclipse, the end of Dark Side. I'm a huge U2 fan and I'm not accusing them of plagiarism. But could this be a coincidence, a hidden tribute or a slip-up?? :eyebrow:

It very well could be influenced by Pink Floyd. And it wouldn't be the first time Bono has used other works as a springboard for his own ideas...

mebythesea said:

I was there too - it was adorable. And actually in context the whole thing was very moving. But I can't remember what song it was.

Hey mebythesea, where were you seated?

Oh, and back to the original subject of this thread, I don't think it was a slip-up, so it has to be a coincidence or a hidden tribute.

BostonAnne said:

Hey mebythesea, where were you seated?

I was in the top row of the sort of - bottom ring of seats, I guess, at about 9 o'clock if you stood looking straight at the stage. (3 o'clock from where you were <g>). In front of the soundboard, looking just down and over at the tip of the heart. It was a *great* seat! The next night I was *way* up at the very back - but, you know, it's U2, so the whole place turns into a club anyway.

mebythesea said:

I was in the top row of the sort of - bottom ring of seats, I guess, at about 9 o'clock if you stood looking straight at the stage. (3 o'clock from where you were <g>). In front of the soundboard, looking just down and over at the tip of the heart. It was a *great* seat! The next night I was *way* up at the very back - but, you know, it's U2, so the whole place turns into a club anyway.

That does sound like a great seat! My sister and brother-in-law went both nights, but I turned down the 2nd night cause I wanted to trick or treat with the kids. In hindsight, I would have gone with my then 10 year old son the next night. My sister's seats on Halloween was way up in the back too. :D

I did get to hear Larry's birthday celebration over the cell phone though.

BostonAnne said:

I did get to hear Larry's birthday celebration over the cell phone though.

I just loved Bono not being able to get the champagne open and quipping "They don't let you DRINK on this tour!"

Back
Top Bottom