Vertigo Lyrics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Another U2 nut!

Acrobat
I haven't heard it yet because of my @#$% computer, and I have no idea about technology, if someone is able to email it to me, I'd be a very happy chappy, cuz I've heard the lyrics are really awesome, and I can't wait to start talking about them!

my email is

jeanette@hotkey.net.au

Complete lyrics!!:)

"Vertigo"

Unos, dos, tres, quatorze
Turn it up loud, captain

Lights go down
It's dark, the jungle is
Your head can't rule your heart
A feeling so much stronger
Than a thought
Your eyes are wide
And though your soul
It can't be bought
Your mind can wander

Hello, hello
Hola
I'm at a place called Vertigo
Dond' esta
It's everything I wish I didn't know
Except you give me something I can feel
Feel

The night is full of holes
These bullets rip the sky
Of ink with gold
They twinkle
As the boys play rock and roll
They know that they can't dance
At least they know

I can't stand the beats
I'm asking for the check
Girl with crimson nails
Has Jesus 'round her neck
Swinging to the music
Swinging to the music

Hello, hello
Hola
I'm at a place called Vertigo
Dond' esta
It's everything I wish I didn't know
But you give me something I can feel
Feel

Shot dead
Shots fall
Show me, yeah

All of this, all of this can be yours
Just give me what I want
And no one gets hurt

Hello, hello
Hola
We’re at a place called Vertigo
Dond' esta
Lights go down and all I know
Is that you give me something
I can feel your love teaching me how
Your love is teaching me how
How to kneel
Kneel

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

solar said:
Lights go down
It's dark, the jungle is
Your head can't rule your heart
A feeling so much stronger
Than a thought
Your eyes are wide
And though your soul
It can't be bought
Your mind can wander

Yay for enjambment! Sorry, English major. :reject:

really listened?

I'm curious if there are any more critical ears out there who have actually done more than just listen on a standard stereo/headphones...or accepted whats been posted so far..and in the absence of lyrics officially released...

because when I take the song into my music mastering software and isolate the lyrics with a few nifty little tricks - and I realize that without the original separate master tracks no method is perfect - i get a few differences in a few key areas:

- line that so far has been interpreted 'a feeling so much stronger than a thought'

- the line so far interepreted as 'i cant stand/can sell the beats'

- the spoken lines so far interpreted as 'shot dead, shots fall..'

- final chorus the line so far interpreted as 'lights go down and all i know'

No offense but I'd like to limit discussion for a minute to someone who has actually played a few tricks with the audio, because what we 'hear' from loudspeakers isn't always what is actually there...so if you could, indulge me with a bit of info as to what methods you used to break it apart...and what you come up with!

if you'd prefer to, email me and lets chat about it! :)

Hi Gabriel – I don’t if you checked “the goal is soul” forum but a person there posted that he/she hears the word Jezebel at the point of “the spoken lines so far interpreted as 'shot dead, shots fall..'” Do you hear that? ~John
P.S. Still looking forward to seeing October play London or St.Thomas!

brachanam9 said:
Shot dead
Shots fall
Show me, yeah

For sure?

No way... I don't know wtf is being said here, but it's not that... here's a quickly cleaned-up clip... YOU figure it out, I'm too lazy right now...

}:)~

Attachments

• vert3phrases.mp3
    69.3 KB
lol, pullin a Beatles thing there aren't they?

What's the Uno, Dos, Tres, Catorce for?
Im thinkin itz a nod to Lillywhite because he worked on their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and now their 14th album (including the EPs, Best Ofs, and Passengers) but i'm not sure

Is "uno, dos, tres, catorce!"
I'm from Venezuela I know what I'm talking about...

In an interview they asked Bono why it was 1, 2, 3, 14..:
He said that he didn't knew that "catorce" was "fourteen", he thought it was "four", and "four" in spanish is "cuatro". He said that some alcohol was involved.

At the beginning of the song, U2 lead singer Bono counts off in Spanish uno, dos, tres, catorce!. In English, this translates to "one, two, three, fourteen!" (When asked about this oddity in an interview for Rolling Stone, Bono simply replied "there may have been alcohol involved.")

A Spanish reply of "¡Hola!" is also heard behind the "Hello, hello" of the refrain, when it should be "¡Hola, hola!" if translating properly.

As well as "¿Dónde está?" after the line "I'm at a place called Vertigo," meaning "Where is?", and it shoul be "¿Dónde estás?, meaning "Where are you?" .

There is also "¿Como estás ?'" which means "How are you?".

You can search in wikipedia.org for vertigo song...

It's stupid to kick this 2-year old thread up just for that. We have a similar discussion in the "Embarass yourself here..." thread, I suggest you continue there.

BTW, wikipedia is not a reliable source. Every idiot can make a wikipedia page.

I have heard that uno dos tres catorce , was because boy october war and htdaab were the albums produced by steve lillywhite. I think that vertigo is about the drugs, uff

since it got bumped thogh, if you listen to that audio clip it REALLY sounds like bono's singing shots dead/shots fall/ show me yeayeahyeah

I can't download that clip (not a premium member), but on my album version he really sings "checkmated". Definitely NOT "hours of fun", but he does sing "checkmated".

See one of the last posts in the "Embarass yourself here" thread, there's my version of the Vertigo lyrics. Explanation included.

WalkOn21 said:
It's stupid to kick this 2-year old thread up just for that. We have a similar discussion in the "Embarass yourself here..." thread, I suggest you continue there.

BTW, wikipedia is not a reliable source. Every idiot can make a wikipedia page.

hey, i used wikipedia on like 3/4 of a research paper! lol..i got 290/300 so im good (no i didnt plagiarize)

Back
Top Bottom