"Uno, Dos, Tres, Catorce"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coemgen said:
Look at the lyrics in the book — it says UNOS, dos, tres, catorce. I heard that unos is Latin for "about," and the two stands for the second book of the Bible, Exodus, then you have 3:14. So it's about Exodus 3:14. This talks about God saying he's the great I AM. If you look at the deluxe edition, in the book, you'll find that Bono wrote part of the verse out on the page with lyrics to "All Because of You." In that song, Bono changes it up a bit and says "All because of You, I am."

I'm not saying this is right, but it makes you think, huh?:hmm:

this is the right explanation

firstlove said:
actually, that couldnt be correct. Spanish is my first language, and UNOS does not mean about. de, sobre, usually would be about. unos translates: uno- one
s- plural
so that would mean unos means ones
sorry to burst everyone's bubble, it would be cool though if it was about that passage in the Bible

Sorry, not trying to be rude here, but Spanish *must* be your first language... that poster did not say that "unos" was Spanish for "about," they said that it was Latin.

However, I do not recall the word "unos" meaning "about in any sense. It would then be "erga" if I recall correctly, but I might be wrong. Surely though, there is no "unos" that I can find in Latin. I don't recall it in any law terminology, either.

And apparently, according to many rock journalists, it is indeed their fourteenth album (including live recordings).

Personal opinion? It definitely had something to do with alcohol.

no offense taken,thank you for pointing out my mistake. and . . .
I'm in my second year of Latin right now. so, I checked my textbook (it's Christmas break, I'm not going to try to remember) and about is de.
I agree, the drink is to blame.

firstlove said:
no offense taken,thank you for pointing out my mistake. and . . .
I'm in my second year of Latin right now. so, I checked my textbook (it's Christmas break, I'm not going to try to remember) and about is de.
I agree, the drink is to blame.

All right cool. I don't necessarily read things right all the time myself (haha something I have worked on REALLY hard).

And yeah Latin's not my thing, it's more that I shall be a law student soon, and already I have taken courses involving Latin and not making an @$$ of oneself while using it. :) not perfect yet! hehe

Back
Top Bottom