U2 lyrics you sing wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Spain we have a radio show that plays with those errors with the lyrics..... they called them the "Momento Teniente" and they are really funny....

U2 have two classic "momentos teniente".... the first is in One... when it looks like Bono is saying in Spanish "te traigo pasta" (It means "I bring you pasta" :giggle: )

The second one is in "Staring at the sun" when it looks like Bono's saying "hoy vi tu culo y quizas hoy Nacho está fatal" (which means "today I saw your ass and now maybe Nacho feels terrible" :lmao: )

I hope I explained it ok.... :giggle:

Zoobaby14 said:
i always sing Vertigo wrong

the line: They twinkle as the boys play rock and roll

I always sing the word sparkle insted of Twinkle

He did sing it "Sparkle" during the Vertigo tour, so you're really not wrong.

Rafiennes said:
At the end of 'One, when his voice is going into falsetto land, I used to hear him ordering his breakfast

'Bacon, and bacon and eeegggggsssss'

I hear 'bacon and haaaaaaam' at that exact spot!

In Kite, it's not a major difference, but I always hear, 'And somewhere I can taste the salty sea' rather than 'in summer'.

COBL, I heard the last lines as, 'Lessons not just for the ones who need it, luckily.' :shrug:

LAPOE's bridge I still don't know without the lyrics, but generally it goes something like this:
Baby don't fight
We can this thing through
With me, me and you
I call on you for
The tv is still on etc

And that's not even half of it, but I can't remember the rest of them

see the sun set in your eyes
i messed up alot of the lyrics....too bad i cant remember some of the really stupid ones!

coolian2 said:
See the stone set in your eyes

Bah! What does it have to do with the rest of the song? It totally changes the atmosphere of it too
"See the stone set in your eyes, see the thorn twist in your side" is a reference to what happened to Paul after meeting Jesus on the road to Damascas in the book of Acts, in the bible. In a thread some months back, I pointed out all the biblical references in that song, and I think I might have ruined it for some people. Really, I wish I hadn't noticed all the references in the first place, they ruined it just a little for me too :reject:

My current favourite missung lyric is from A Sort of Homecoming:

"No fuckin' words, just a scream!"

I actually thought that's what Bono was saying the first time I heard it, and I was like :ohmy: Bono used the F word in the mid-80s!

Vertigo.

Real lyrics:
I'm at a place called Vertigo.

What I hear/sing:
May I please go Vertigo?

No matter how much I tell myself that, I end up singing wrong every single time. :reject:

I was just thinking about the Electric Coaster mistake, and I've decided to take out a patent. I think electric coasters would be very useful, like little hotplates to keep your coffee warm in the mug!

earlier pages...from Electrical Storm. It stuck with me after I read it cause it's hilariously nonsenseical, so whenever I listen to Electrical Storm I think about it....seriously I should go down to a patent lawyer tomorrow.

evillaurd said:
In Kite, it's not a major difference, but I always hear, 'And somewhere I can taste the salty sea' rather than 'in summer'.

I always sing that too :)

The worst one for me is in Hawkmoon 269:

Real line: Like someone to blame, like a thought unchained

What I think: Like summer in a flame, like a soup to strain

cinnaminson said:
really? Why would someone want a sheet stain and don't most boys grow out of that?:ohmy:

:uhoh: Um, I think you may be thinking of something else...

Just think of a bed that's used a lot by two people for something other than sleeping...

"Not just effing done, staring at the sun"

"ELECTRIC TOASTER!"

"Soul in a striptease, ain't but to sneeze"

"Got the swing, got the sway, got my soul lemonade"

I noticed that the lyrics I posted were mostly lyrics I heard wrong, not the ones I sung wrong. ;) Oops.

"One step closer to boring.
Boring.
Boring."

Except it's fever, not feeling. But yes, 'inside her'. I sing it that way all the time. I was singing it that way really loud last night... and then realized it sounded a bit wrong coming from me :uhoh:

Somebody said
Shamu, the mysterious whale

WOW!:lol:
just great

Believing or not, I can hear in OOTS, on that parts of do doo:
"Duty, duty, duty...Show all your bones, show your soul, you've been keeping your love, I can't controoooool"

Oh my, is odd, pretty odd LOL

And in Elvis and America I can hear absolutly NOTHING
nothing makes any sense for me in that song LOL

Back
Top Bottom