U2 lyrics you sing wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to think:

You broke the bonds and you
Loosed the chains
Carried the cross
And my shame (and I'm ashamed)
All my shame ( I'm ashamed)
You know I believe it

:der:

In Fast Cars, about a year ago, when it goes "Don't you worry bout your mind..." i thought it was saying "Don't you worry bout the man......Don't you worry bout your man.." :lol:

also in that song, when it says "the size...is much to big." i would go "the sign says....*mumblemumble*" :lmao: i had no clue what he was saying!!

Just this week I realized I've been getting a line from Last Night On Earth wrong. It's "She hasn't been to bed in a week, she'll be dead soon, then she'll sleep." I've been hearing it as "she'll go dancing, then she'll sleep" all this time :reject:

Zooropean103 said:
Somehow when I listen to Pride I always hear: "in the name of love WHAT more in the name of love" instead of "one more".

Also to me the chorus of I Will Follow sounds: "WHAT YOU'RE EVER DOING WHAT YOU'RE EVER DOING." :huh:

:huh: I thought it was, "what more in the name of Love"!!??

:lol:

p.s. Oh, my bad--I actually just read through all the threads and I guess it IS "what more...." so I'm not singing it wrong! :wink:

Last edited:
Reading this thread I just found a bunch that I sing wrong... but I'm not aware of any others. I'm sure I sing most of them wrong! I'm kind of attached to my interpretations, too.

In Bad I always hear "And we're so far away" for some reason. Sorry that it is a completely different song but sometimes I get confused on that song, I am not sure whether that is right or not, plz tell me if it is :(

Re: Re: Re: U2 lyrics you sing wrong

Aygo said:
I always hear it "Jezebel" instead of "hour of fun" or whatever...

i always heard "just fall" lol..

I just realized this....in Salome, when its the chorus and he's singing Salome', i always thought he was singing 'So Lonely' and it was one of those songs that never says the song title...and I always thought Salome' was pronounced a little differently :lol:

There's some storm/eye action in RTSS, so it would fit in with that too...

In Exit, I used to think it was "the dark started crying, like a broken-hearted man", instead of "a dog" or whatever it is... but I like the dark crying better!

Bono really should consult us before he writes these songs... :wink:

The line

"Take my shirt, go on take it off me "

from Do you feel loved.

I always hear it as

"take my sugar, take my coffee."

I thought the line in Love is Blindness went: "Won't you wrap the knife around me?". Sounded like pretty cool imagery to me :wink:

I admit to consistently hearing "A prizefighter in a corner is told" from Silver and Gold as "A glass spider in a cornerless hole." Yes, I realize it makes no sense, but it's totally what the syllables sound like!

For quite some time I wondered why Bono was singing a song about an Electric Toaster.

Then I found out it was Electrical Storm!

The first time I heard "I Will Follow" I sung the chorus as:

"wakkawayakooway wakkawayakooway"

coolian2 said:
See the stone set in your eyes

Bah! What does it have to do with the rest of the song? It totally changes the atmosphere of it too

I agree, I always thought it was 'storm' as well.

In vertigo i hear

Today, just for, joe minin

:lol: haha i don't have a clue what he acctually does sing in that, but it's sure not the lyrics that it says it should be!

i always sing Vertigo wrong

the line: They twinkle as the boys play rock and roll

I always sing the word sparkle insted of Twinkle

Last edited:
From 'Spieces' i always heard it as:
Baby slow down, the end is not as far as the stars

Which i think is a better line, if i do say so myself :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom